cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy MIC and Inspection plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

can i copy MIC and Inspection plan from one material to other material in same plant?

Also from one plant to other plant?

if yes, how?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

No reaction for over 6 months!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandip,

I think, there are no any Disadvantage to do such so.You just need to do is don;t go for any authorization for MIC.

The advantages are,

- All of first saves the Data Base Space.

- Reduces the efforts of Maintains.

- The MIC as master can be changed as per the requirement in the inspection plans so there is no need to posture the un-necessary data in the system.

- Duplication is getting Avoided.

etc etc etc ........

Regards,

Shyamal

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, if your just reusing the same plan you don't necessarily need to copy the plan. You can assign as many materials as you want to a plan, even across plants.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think we can use mics also across plant i.e MIC in plant 1000 can be used in plant 2000.

If it is so,what is the advantage and disadvantage of copying same mics in all the plants.

what is preferable?

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry.. I missed the follow-up question.

I usually recommend creating one set of MIC's in a master data plant. The main reason is that all of my clients have been batch managed and if yor are using batches, only one MIC can be linked to a general characteristic of the batch class. Since we need batch values, we need this linkage.

Advantages are less master data, a common inspection plan (hopefully!) for all plants, a common spec, (hopefully!

An advantage of course is that each plant can tweak their own MICS. the big disadvantage is that you won't have a common batch record.

Craig

0 Kudos

Hello Sandip,

if you want to use a plan over more than one plant then you could consider using the exit QPL10001 for this purpose.

You can also create a plan in QP01 and copy a correspondent plan.

The use of MICS shouldn't be a problem.

Hope that this answers your question.

Regards,

Isabelle