cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to delete the MIC.

I checked with QS26 and found that this MIC is not used anywhere.

But when try to delete it with QS25, i am getting error message as " No validity period was selected for master inspection charac."

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

It happened as below

You have created a MIC as on 10.01.2008 and changed the MIC on 11.01.2008.System has created 2 records - 1 for 10.01.2008n and one for 11.01.2008.

In QS25, you want to delete the MIC, you need to enter one of the aobove date as system is not deciding which record has to be deleted i.e. 10.01.2008n or 11.01.2008.

Hence give the date and delete.

One more reason is - it is already deleted and yiy are trying to delete again.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem is similar. But when i check the MIC, i see there is no plant of MIC. "OPMK-Werks" field is blank. Plant field is mandatory and i faced this problem for the first time.

In QS25, when i filled plant, MIC number and key date, the error message was "Characteristic is being used and therefore cannot be deleted.". But i checked it from table: PLMK and t-code: QS26, no values found.

Is there any solution or note that you know?

Regards,

Seda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

Apart from removing the links to to the task list you need to do an additional activity for deleting the MIC. Goto the transaction QS23 and set the status of the master inspection characteristic to Deletion flag. Once this is done then goto QS25 and try deleting the MIC. It should work.

Let us know how it goes.

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prakash,

i tried this also but still same problem is there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when you try to delete in QS25, did you enter key date? The validity date for the MIC should automatically populate the validity date field. Don't put in your own date.

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

This could be because of one of the below listed reasons. Pl verify these.

1. The master inspection characteristic has not been created

2. You do not have authorization to edit the master inspection characteristic

3. The master inspection characteristic is being used/has been used and cannot therefore be deleted.

Hope this helps

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

prakash,

please note that

1. MIC is created as i can dispaly it

2. I have authirization to edit it as i can change it

3. I checked in QS26 (where used list), it is not used anywhere.

what may be the reason?

Suppose it is used upto last month in some inspection plan or mtrl spec or cert profile and then it is removed from it, will it show in QS26 or not?

if not, how will come to know that this MIC was used in past and not now?

Edited by: sandip raut on Feb 7, 2008 1:31 PM

0 Kudos

Hello Sandip,

could you please varify if the MIC was active and had a vaild from date?

If not then this would explain the behaviour. Another issue could be the fact that you are not entering a date in the initial screen of QS25 and the system is not setting a default date.

I hope that this helps you to find the cause.

Regards,

Isabelle