cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Time in TPVS for entire MOT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have an issue in TPVS planning. I have maintained Loading time based on Means of Transport in Condition "LOAD".Say Loading time is 4:00hrs.

After the optimisation run,in the planned shipment System is taking Loading time 4:00hrs for each freight unit rather than for entire Vehicle.For example,if i have 4 freight units in the Shipment,Total Loading time 16hours is being captured by system.It is understandable that since Transportation planning is based on Freight units in TPVS hence it is taking for each item. Is there any way to capture only 4:00 hours for entire Truck(means of transport).

Regards

Ahmed

Edited by: Aktar Ahmed Shaik on Feb 5, 2008 2:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sebastian_goebel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

TP/VS calls APO-scheduling per freight unit that is loaded or unloaded, and then the loading and unloading times will be calculated separately.

Although it's possible to influence the individual scheduling result by a BAdI, I don't think it's possible to get the desired result as during the call you never know how many freight units will be loaded onto the truck in total. For this reason it's not possible to distribute the total loading time per truck to the number of freight units that is loaded or unloaded.

For the optimizer it would of course be possible to update the loading/unloading durations in the shipments after they have been created, but as this will change the total duration for loading and unloading you will most likely end up with shipments that can not be posted to LC due to some resource capacity conflicts. I would not recommend to do this...

For me it looks like there's no way to achieve the desired result, especially not in standard.

To get to a solution that's at least close to what you want you could create some stepfunctions based on the capacity of the resource and the freight unit. However, if the resource will not be fully utilized this will lead to too small loading and unloading durations...

Regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aktar,

Actually it is very difficult to tell this without looking at your settings. At this moment, I can only request you to check the Basics TP/VS settings & check whether you have maintained the consolidation level to 'Order' or not.If not then you maintain this & then try.

If not , then you can post the SPRO settings you have maintained for Scheduling

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Patil