cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical client creation issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had setup 2 clients 500 and 700 in QA System for our upgraded ECC system.. and would like to assign a logical systems to respective clients.

But when I check the naming conventions IN SALE it is in series like

<SID>CLNT401,402,403 and it does not allow us to create logical client as per the format <SID>CLNT<Client no>.

In this case what shall we do shall we assign available Logical clients to the new clients or what do you suggest..

Iam unable to make changes..it is asking us to enter names for all logical clients..

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyanarayana N.,

I am very much surprised with the error you are getting.

I do not see why it is so. Try to give more details what steps you are following for creation of logical system name.

Before that OPEN your client in SCC4 and make your system modifiable SE06.

Best WIshes.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

What does logical system have to do with SE06?It is plain cross client customizing.

regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satya,

Why error message are you getting when trying to create new logical systems ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Err :Please fill in all the required fields...

It si asking to fill in all the Logical Client Names and unable to proceed further..

And the Naming convention has a different client to what the client we have created..

Eg: our client is 500..

Naming convention in SAP : <sid>clnt <401>(instead of 500)

Can we use the same naming standard or whats the procedure to change the naming standard..

I have done a test run for logica;l name change using BDLS but it does not recommend ... for conversion..

Msg :Table T000 was suitable for conversion..

New entries were added..

Please post your valuable solutions...

Regds,

Satyanarayana N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SALE/BD54 you have two columns: one for the LSN and one for a description. Are you filling in both columns before you save (both are mandatory).

You can add the LSN in BD54 in your non-dev system, but I would recommend that you add them in your dev system and transport it through.

In case you have created new clients in your system (from client 000), you can then assign the LSN in SCC4.

In case you have made a client copy from an existing client, assign the new LSN to the new client. Subsequently run a BDLS in your NEW client to convert the orig LSN to the new LSN. Do this for client-dependant tables only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I am a bit surprised by this.

Normally when I have to add a new logical system with the naming convention as stated by you all I need to do is to supply the logical system and its description and then save. However let us try to see if we can crack it up. When trying to save the logical systems you are getting an error message I guess most likey at bottom of the screen. Just double click on the error message and a pop up should come. There might be question mark in it which on pressing would giving you detailed remarks. Can you just post the detailed comments. Also post the message number.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyanarayana,

You can also create zlog<clnt> as the logical system.

Can you try creating using the BD54 tcode.

And assign using SCC4.

Hope this helps.

Reward points if helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vamshi,

Thanks for ur reply but TC:SALE and BD54 are the same ....

Iam unable to create a new logical client it is asking me to enter the names in all the pre-created logical clients..

Iam trying to think to change the logical client name using BDLS..will that have any impact or pls suggest...

Regds,

Satyanarayana N