cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while generating EWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have some satellite system configured to Solution Manager .

I have the following quires :

1.) In some system we get a RED flag stating "Dates for this session are overdue" giving the following error

The data for this session is overdue. Data has not yet been transferred from the associated satellite system.

Go to the Service Data Control Center (transaction SDCCN) in the satellite system and check why the data has not been sent.

Typical sources of errors are:

The RFC connection for the SAP Solution Manager system is not working.

The 'Task Processor' background job, which collects the session data, has been changed.

Problems arose while data was being collected (see the detail log for the task that collects the session data).

A periodic 'SDCC Maintenance Package' task has not been scheduled to check whether your SAP Solution Manager system requests session data.

Session number: 2000000001709

Back Call Service Data Control Center

2.) When i go to Settings ->Solution Monitoring -> Early Watch Alert in the T-code solution_manager . What is the Period(Days) column indicates and How can we change the same, since in some of the system the Period(days) is 7 and in some it is 0

3.) I have to automate the data processing i.e., presently when the session is due i click on the system and click on "Start service processing".what background job needs to be scheduled and at what time .

Please explain .....

Regards

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1.) In some system we get a RED flag stating "Dates for this session are overdue" giving the following error

>

> 2.) When i go to Settings ->Solution Monitoring -> Early Watch Alert in the T-code solution_manager . What is the Period(Days) column indicates and How can we change the same, since in some of the system the Period(days) is 7 and in some it is 0

>

> 3.) I have to automate the data processing i.e., presently when the session is due i click on the system and click on "Start service processing".what background job needs to be scheduled and at what time .

Hi Anthony,

1.) Have you followed the instruction? Have you checked SDCCN in satellite system? Red Flag means, data from satellite system is not yet available for processing

2) Period(Days) defines how often (every 7 days = once per week) an EWA session is scheduled for the system.

I recommend to use only the default value: 7

3) done by Background Job: SM:EXEC SERVICES, schedule daily at 6:00

See also [SAP Note 894279 - Background processing in SAP Solution Manager 4.0|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/894279]

Best regards,

Ruediger

Edited by: Ruediger Stoecker on Feb 5, 2008 1:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

2) Period(Days) defines how often (every 7 days = once per week) an EWA session is scheduled for the system.

I recommend to use only the default value: 7

where is the setting for this ...

Regards

Anthony

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Currently I see no possibility to change this value, as the column is grey (=not editable).

I assume, that this value have been set manually with a previous Support Package Level. The interface was different.

If this a problem for you, I would recommend to open a customer message on SV-SMG-OP.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem on our sandbox .. Please provide any solution to this problem .. and I appreciate your SUPER help a great deal.

Le Nguyen

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please create a new thread and desribe in some more detail what's already working and what's not working.

- Post the software configuration of both systems (Solution Manager, connected Satellite System).

- Post status of job SM:EXEC SERVICES in SolMan

- Post information on SDCCN in satellite systems. Is it activated, is task "Maintenance Package" scheduled, which information is displayed in the log, ..

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is the trusted rfc is not working fine.Please check that trusted rfc is working fine for this see that rfcuser should have additional authorization object S_RFCACL.Try to login to the remote system by immediately scheduling the EWA for the particular system in DSWP and run SDCC/SDCCN and come back to the SOLMAN and try to generate EWA>

Thanks,

Sagar.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Trusted RFC is not required for EWA processing.

The trusted RFC is using the current logon user and not a predefined rfc user.

Lets wait until a new thread has been created with further information.

Best regards,

Ruediger