cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI or ABAP- HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a Computer Science engineering Graduate with approx 2 years of SAP experience.

My experience includes:

OOPS-ABAP programming (8+ months)

ABAP-HR (7+ months)

SAP-NW –XI (4+ months)

I am getting option to choose ABAP-HR or XI for my next assignment. I have good interest for both so got confused what to choose.

Kindly guide me on the basis of current and future SAP market and requirement

Thanks and best regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ABAP-HR (7+ months)

SAP-NW –XI (4+ months)

both sounds good, but considering the netweaver trend i suggest you get ito XI, from here you will lot of options in future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u choose SAP Xi then u have a great scope in future.

SAP Xi skill sets has wider bandwidth as it may sometime require the knowledge in ABAP which u have a good experience, Java knowledge,XSLT knowledge (but again it is used under different business requirements).

through XI ur knowledge is not limited to Xi but u can use ABAP,JAVA and XSLT.

Thnx

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

more confused after reading

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RAHUL..

IT COULD BE GRATEFUL TO U IF U COULD PLZ SEND ME THE DOCUMENTATION ON ABAP-HR .

MAILID: kishore.reddy@navtechnik.com,

kishorereddy.bolla@gmail.com

THNX IN ADVANCE

REGARDS,

KISHORE

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably if you posted the same question on SAP HR form you would get the opposite answer ...

Generally, if you work with XI you will also deal with ABAP development like RFM, PROXY and IDOCs ...

If I were you I would pick up the XI assignment

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Xi:

The scope is

1) u can become a integration architect once u have a good knowledge of business requirement and designing the business landscape. this experience comes after many years.

2) More interaction with client as u need to Understand the requirement from client and design the business landscape for client.

3) Provide the solution by considering the aspect like performance issue,best landscape,which solution to be used like u can design the same requirement with n different ways to u need to pick up the best.

4) Understanding of different systems and the way they behave and send data in different format as Xi is the integration tool so u need to keep in mind the other system aspects also.

apart from that I have told u the other scope in terms of java,abap etc.

Thnx

Chirag