Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail option in VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

All i want is to have a 'mail' button in the toolbar of a table and

when the user clicks on the button the mail window shud open up with the "To: " field already filled with the address of the receiver ......all this is done!!!

But how to get the data of the table in the mail ????

Anshul Bhat

SAP-BI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

this should be done via a mailto URL of the button like "mailto:example@example.org?body=Hello%20Anshul".

But I think it's not possible to do this with a whole table. A workaround could be to send the whole table to the backend, e.g. an ABAP RFC function module or a Java webservice, which sends the email. Then the user can not modify anything. But you told us that the receiver is filled so you can send to your email service the receiver, subject, body and so on and the backend will create and send the email.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Marcel

thnx for the input.... All that u have said is can be done ...k fyn ... but is nt there ne work ard.. may be i can have a invisible button,a "COPY" button, which copies the table and when the user clicks on the "MAIL" button , the "COPY" button should also be activated and then when the mail window opens , the user can press Ctrl-V and paste the table on to the mail and then send it..Is it possible???

can i activate a button on the click of another button???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

I think this is not possible, but you can try to trigger a copy event via timer, but I think this is a little bit tricky. In Visual Composer 7.1 you have the capabilities to use a sequence of action triggered by one button.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel

thnx man for the replies...

Thnx & Regards

Anshul Bhat

SAP- BI & VC

Answers (0)