cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certificate based authentication with sender SOAP adapter. Please help!

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where first a .Net application makes a webservice call to XI via SOAP Adapter. Then the input from the .Net application is sent to the R/3 system via RFC adapter.

.Net --->SOAP -

>XI -

>RFC -

R/3 System

Now as per client requirement I have to implement certificate based authentication in the sender side for the webservice call. In this case the .Net application is the "client" and XI is the "server". In other words the client has to be authenticated by XI server. In order to accomplish this I have setup the security level in the SOAP sender channel as "HTTPS with client authentication". Additionally I have assigned a .Net userid in the sender agreement under "Assigned users" tab.

I have also installed the SSL certificate in the client side. Then generated the public key and loaded it into the XI server's keystore.

When I test the webservice via SOAPUI tool I am always getting the "401 Unauthorized" error. However if I give the userid/password for XI login in the properties option in the SOAPUI tool then it works fine. But my understanding is that in certificate based authentication, the authentication should happen based on the certificate and hence there is no need for the user to enter userid/password. Is my understanding correct? How to exactly test certificate based authentication?

Am I missing any steps for certificate based authentication?

Please help

Thanks

Gopal

Edited by: gopalkrishna baliga on Feb 5, 2008 10:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Although soapUI is a very goot SOAP testing tool, you can't test certificate based authentication with it. There is no way (since I know) how to import certificat into soapUI.

So, try to find other tool, which can use certificates or tey it directly with the sender system.

Peter