cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brachive growing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just need some suggestions as to how I can check what is causing the saparch dir to grow at a tremendous rate.

I understand that the following will cause the increase :

- large amount of database updates

- brarchive job is not writing to tape fast enough - either due to frequency of jobs or tape media problem, etc

but is there a way for me to "pinpoint" which job or tables that's causing the growth?

I know it's growing but there's no way for me to zoom-in on what's causing it.

Any suggestion is most welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi james,

Have checked SAPARCH directory at o.s level there archive logs we can see. may be you can find the reason.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Use SM50 to monitor the system you may get some clue from there. Also check whether any data upload is in progress.

Is your database is also increasing? If yes then you can check using DB02 and drill down to table level to pinpoint the table and data which is causing Archive log growth.

Hope this will help.

-Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just have to see what is running in your system when the archive logs grow very fast.

Usually, you will find batch jobs running and looking at the program thay run, you can find out which job is doing a lot of updates.

If it is during night, you'll have to use STAD to see what was running at the time of the archive logs.

It works for me !

Regards,

Olivier