cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualified Update - Timestamp field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm having a qualified lookup FIELD1 and a timestamp field STAMP1 checking for changes in FIELD1, both in main table.

When I'm creating/deleting or updating qualified links in MDM Data Manager STAMP1 behaves as expected and displays the time of update.

BUT: when I'm using the MDM Import Server to create/update the qualified links STAMP1 doesn't get notice of it.

Anybody experienced this or knows how to fix this?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Ingo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally this should not be the case. Are you sure that your Qualified links are getting updated. Check some other fields from qualified table if they are getting updated from MDM Import Server.

When you say MDM import server it means your are using MDIS (Automatic Import) right ? Check your MDIS settings as well.

Regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm really sure. I can see how the qualified link gets created and the modification date doesn't change. The same happens when I update the link with new values.

Inbound Port is set to automatic.

MDS, MDIS and client versions are 5.5.42.92

[GLOBAL]

Version=5540

Server=xx

Interval=10

Verbose=0x0020

Log Dir=C:\PROGRA1\SAPMDM1.5\IMPORT~1\Logs

SLD Registration=False

String Resource Dir=C:\PROGRA1\SAPMDM1.5\IMPORT~1\LangStrings\

MapScanTopToBottom=False

[xx\MDMMSQL_11_12_4_3]

Chunk Size=30000

No. Of Chunks Proccessed In Parallel=3

Login=Admin

PasswordE=xx

Log Protocol Transactions=False

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Every setting in Import Server is right.

Go to your import manager Configuration Options and set

Default MDIS Handling --->

Automap Unmapped values = Yes

Unmapped Value handling = Add.

Save the map and then import.

And please use latest build 5.5.42.98.

Hope it may help you.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Tried it out, but it's not solving the problem. As stated before the import works fine, just the Timestamp field is not updated.

Anyway I wouldn't want to add unmapped values to my lookup tables on import as you never know what values come in and you don't want to mess with your lookup table. Ignore or Fail are the better options here.

Ingo