cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call a transaction from RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to open a transaction using a RFC that is called from my Web Server?

For example:

I have a web application (written in PHP of course) that presents some list of transaction codes. When a user hit some transaction code, I want my application to open the SAP application in the exact transaction.

I assume that my application should call some RFC that is able to open and present the SAP application in the required transaction.

Is it possible?

Thanks for the help,

Roy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nigel_James
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you want to open SAPGui on the client based on the choice of a user action on the client side of your application. Best guess would be to use JavaScript and create a shortcut file on the fly that you then execute. Then you are going to run into permission problems of what is allowed to run stuff on the client

Cheers,

Nigel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nigel,

This is currently what I am doing - I am generating a "file on the flight" per user choice in my application, and then running this SAP shortcut file using a VB script. It works fine with no permission problems (after the user provides his user+passes of course)

Nevertheless, I want to avoid all this process.

Currently I am using some RFC for other functionalities from my PHP and I would like to call some RFC that will enable to run the transaction that the user chose.

Is it possible?

Thanks again,

Roy

Answers (0)