cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Installation (PDK for .NET)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a beginner to PDK for .NET and just started installating.

I have installed window Vista, MSVisual Studio.NET 2005. Now I have downloaded Portal Development kit 2.5 for Microsoft.NET. I have unzipped the files and installed Portal Runtime for Microsoft. However, while installing Portal Add-In for VIsual Studio 2005, it showed error "ASP.NET Web Application project must be installed".

Can anybody help me with the installation?

If somebody know the installation manual for installing PDK and setting with Portals, it will be of lot help.

I look forward to your suggestions.

Regards,

Sudeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Following is the [Installation and configuration guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/35242098-0d01-0010-bba4-e309a5a4c391].

Before installing PDK 2.5 for .NET you need to install

1. [Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 - Update to Support Web Application Projects|http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8B05EE00-9554-4733-8725-3CA89DD9BFCA&displaylang=en]

2. [Visual Studio 2005 Web Application Projects package|http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336618.aspx]

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rima,

Thank you for your response.

I have installed

MS Visual Studio 2005 team suite service pack 1.

But I couldnot install MS Visual Studio 2005 Update to Support Web Application Projects and failed.

It showed the error message of

[WIndows cannot install the update program. check whether there is a program to upgrade. There is also possiblity that the update program has a different version.]

Note: I have translated this message to English. THe content was shown in Japanese as I am using a Japanese version.

As I have mentioned earlier, I am using following SW

MS Visual Studio 2005

MS .NET Framework 2.0

PDK 2.5

(within this, Installed Portal runtime but could not install Portal add in and Java-.NET interoperability framework.)

I would like to USE PDK to make portal contents to be used in SAP Netweaver Portal.

I hope to hear from you.

Rgds,

Sudeep

Edited by: Sudeep Adhikari on Feb 6, 2008 8:40 AM

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

I have several questions for you:

1. Do you have operating system Vista Japanese version or Visual Studio 2005 Japanese version ?

2. What is your SAP Netweaver Portal version ? Is it EP 6 or EP 7 ? Which SP ?

3. Did you try to install Portal Add-in after installing service pack 1 ?

Best Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rima,

Here are my answers:

1. Do you have operating system Vista Japanese version or Visual Studio 2005 Japanese version ?

-> both are Japanese Version.

2. What is your SAP Netweaver Portal version ? Is it EP 6 or EP 7 ? Which SP ?

-> It is EP7. Sorry but I could not find the SP info.

(Can you tell me how?)

(I am Using Netweavering Development Studio Version 7.0.11)

3. Did you try to install Portal Add-in after installing service pack 1 ?

-> Yes I installed service pack 1 for Visual studio 2005, then installed Portal Add-in.

I want to confirm few things from you:

1) Is it compulsory to install MS Visual Studio 2005- Update to Support Web Application Projects in case when the OS is WIndows Vista?

2) I have installed the Java-.NET Interoperability Components by SDM and restarted the portal. But I can't see "Portal Runtime for Microsoft.NET" in the portal iView in the [support] tab of the System administrator. What may have caused this?

Best regards,

Sudeep

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

1. As far as I know, PDK for .NET officially supports only VS English edition.

2. Navigate to http://host:port/index.html, click the System Information link. In Software Components table, you will see the version including SP number. PDK for .NET supports EP 7 starting from SP 9.

3. So, did you succeed to install Portal Add-in after installing Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 ?

4. Installing MS Visual Studio 2005- Update to Support Web Application Projects is actually related to Visual Studio and not to operating system. So it doesn't matter that you are using Vista. Probably, Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 already includes this update.

5. It could be caused by the fact that you have EP 7 version that is lower then SP 9 and it is unsupported by PDK for .NET.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rima,

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

1. As far as I know, PDK for .NET officially supports only VS English edition.

->If this is the case, do I will have to reinstall VS in English version. I will confirm this.

3. So, did you succeed to install Portal Add-in after installing Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 ?

->yes.

5. It could be caused by the fact that you have EP 7 version that is lower then SP 9 and it is unsupported by PDK for .NET.

-> I have EP 7 SP 8. I was trying to download the latest SP, but it seems that my ID of the marketplace cannot download this patch.

Can you suggest me where to approach to download it?

regards,

Sudeep

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

I beleive you need to install Visual Studio .NET English edition.

If you have a problem with downloading SP9, I suggest you to contact SAP support by opening a customer message OSS. I am sure they will be able to help you.

Regards,

Rima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rima,

Thank you for the message.

Yes it seems that it is because of the Japanese version of VS.

I opened a sample program of PDK for .NET in the Visual Studio pack but it was not showing any sub-menu in SAP menu bar. There weren't any templates for SAP projects either.

So, I will get the english version of Visual studio and redo the installing.

I have also downloaded the patch by contacting the SAP people.

many thanks

sudeep

Answers (0)