cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource availability (xRPM 4.0/cProjects 4.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question about resource availability in xRPM/cProjects 4.0

What do i need to do to be able to see real availability of my resources?

Do i need to set up the link to HR, do i need WFD?

Can i see the availability decrease if users have booked holiday time or training in their CATS?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Miel,

Yes you need to set up HR Integration. Read the library help and also the documentation re setting up HR Integration for xRPM in the xRPM section of the IMG (transaction SPRO).

You CANNOT use WFD with cProjects and xRPM - it's forbidden.

The standard availability comes from infotype 0007 - working time. You can also get leave (infotype 2001) records brought across by using the RPM_TIME message type (read the HR Integration section in detail). But to adjust the standard availability based on the leave you need to use the relevant BADI. It's not that hard to code - just a little logic to create multiple records - i.e. when they are away availability is set to 0 for those dates/hours.

Training dates are not brought across as standard. However you could use the BADI to call back to your backend system and read that data as well.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

As per cProjects 3.1 and 4.0, it is possible to use WFD with cProjects. In project roles, it can be specified if a role is relevant for WFD or not.

Note 900310 discusses the following:

Enhanced resource management using the RPA (Resource Planner Application) and the Workforce Deployment (WFD) servers: As up to now, WFD can be used as an enhanced scenario for resource planning in cProjects to staff project roles externally or to show resource availability. However, you must install the liveCache in an separate instance in order to use these functions. See the notes in the Master Guide. In this case (when you use cProjects outside the SAP Enterprise Portal), the 'Resource planning' tab title is available at the highest navigation level in cProjects. When you use the SAP Enterprise Portal, you can use the 'Resource Planner' CRM portal role. For further information, see Note 939501. If you intend to use cProjects 4.0 with the RPA and WFD servers, all three must be installed on the same system.

Please let me know if WFD is forbidden for higher versions of cProjects, and if yes - what are the alternatives available.

Thanks,

Vivek Pandey

Konstantin
Participant
0 Kudos

The maximum version of cProjects available at this moment is 4.0. The status of 4.5 is "In Ramp-Up". May be released on Jule 2008.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Resource Availibility can be tracked and scheduled comprehensively using WFD.

You can also map your HCM Time Types to those of the WFD.

Time Specifications can be created for the employees for tracking the availibility and capacity of resources for cProjects.

You may find the following link useful:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm400/helpdata/en/cd/237c24961b8244a1afd0c6a7525c81/frameset.htm

Regards,

Vivek Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek,

thanks for your answer. So i can easily see who will be on training or holiday if i map those HR time types to those of the WFD?

Edited by: M. Claessens on Feb 5, 2008 10:24 AM