cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the test drive SAP WebAS 6.40 ABAP Stack Available on CD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is absolutely no way that I'll ever successfully download the gigabytes required for this install. Are the files available on CD (fee or free) any place? Where?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: David Jenkins

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

if you have a Linux Machine avaliable you can order the <a href="http://www50.sap.com/linux/eval/index.asp">Evaluation</a> Version for Linux.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Gregor, but I'm on Windows XP Pro SP2. Does your answer mean that it's available on CD only for Linux?

Surely someone, somewhere, has downloaded the Windows files and cut a DVD or CDs that they'd be willing to copy and perhaps sell for a nominal fee? (Have no idea if that's legal or not, though...)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

I've seen in your Business Card that you're from the US. Perhaps someone over there reads it. But don't you have access to a Broadband Connection anywhere?

Regards

Gregor

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sure its legal to burn the "RAR"(archive) file to dvd. It would be illegal if someone was trying to sell it to you. If it is just enough to cover the cost of the DVD and shipping, I don't see a problem with that.

If you want to ship me a DVD, I can burn it and ship it back to you, pre-stamped envelope, of course.

Check my business card for email address

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregor: No broadband here in the Central Texas country. Actually there is, but only for those who can see a tower. Since I'm in a valley of sorts, I can't see one. Don't get me started on the lack of affordable Internet access for rural America! Best I can do is a satellite connection, and they have a valve on the download speeds - essentially it boils down to this: the more you use, the slower they let you run. That is, they're attempting to keep certain users from hogging the entire satellite bandwidth.

Rich: I'll send you a couple of DVD-Rs (an extra - just in case!). They are 8X - will that do?

Message was edited by: David Jenkins

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

8X will do. I will burn it as soon as I recieve your package.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you ever considered dual-booting to Linux? It really is decent software and I could give you my SAP configuration notes. Linux will overtake Windows eventually anyway. Just a thought.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm shipping your package today. Have fun with your 6.40 engine.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Answers (0)