cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site definition in SMOEAC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We recently performed a system copy from our production system into a test system.

We are trying to connect this new system to the old R/3, but we are facing a problem right now.

We created new RFC connections, logical systems and run BDLS.

We removed the old sites in SMOEAC and created new sites.

But the problem is we cannot select these new sites in transaction R3AS. When we hit the F4 for source and destination sites, we see that old sites are appearing.

In addition when we try to edit the newly created sites we see that the RFC connection is missing in site attributes part although there was no problem in first creation.

Do you have any idea on what is going on?

Help needed...

Regards...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See these related notes:

Note 995771 - System Landscape Copy for SAP SRM 4.0 and 5.0

Note 872533 - FAQ - Middleware

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

We went through the notes that you specified, but unfortunately we couldn't find anything.

It is strange that in table SMOF_ERPSH we can see the correct entries in SE16. But in SMOEAC we can not.

In R3AS, we made a debugging in source site F4 and found out that there is a view called SITESELECT which joins SMOF_ERPSH and SMOHSITEID. In this view there shouldn't be any records for the old sites, since they don't exist in SMOF_ERPSH. I couldn't understand what is going on...

Is there any kind of buffer?

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the entries u see in SITESELECT?

Try to delete the entries in SMOEAC and then try again.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we delete from SMOEAC, SMOF_TABLES and SMOHSITEID is updated correctly.

The entry in SMOHSITEID remains but the "Deleted" field becomes 1.

But somehow the join is wrong.

In join definition it is stated that SMOHSITEID DELETED EQ '0'

But in the end a deleted site comes in F4 list and newly created sites does not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turns out that we have a basis problem.

Thank you Disha anyway!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ninge,

1) We did a client copy of SRM QA system from production.

After client copy the SMOEAC is totally wiped out (In New QA client, Old QA client as well as production). There is no objects for SITE etc. Is it possible to create "SITE" has an object in SMOEAC.

2) Also the table SMOF_ERPSH in QA contains SITE Id of those entries that is present in Production. Since Client copy was done from production, I guess the entry in QA contains the Side Id that is maintainted in Prod.

Seems like you had similar problem. Can you tell me how the BASIS issue that u had was resolved ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We found out that some views are not generated correctly during client copy. Our basis guy corrected them and our issue is solved.

Unfortunately I don't remember the names of the views.

For the rest of the process I followed the procedure stated in many threads including deleting all materials and hierarchies and running the report ZZ_DELETE_CRMMLSGUID.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you do client copy, you dont have to change the SMOEAC settings. say if you want to connect to "old r/3" you should have changed the RFC connections to old r/3. which would have worked perfectly for you. Not sure if site attributes were changed exclusively by someene after client copy.

Cheers, Renga

Answers (0)