Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR security problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have implemented Positional Authorization (Indirect Role Assignment) in our production System more than a month ago and have been successfully assigning the Roles Indirectly to our Users using PFCG until just now. We are experiencing the following problem.

When we use PFCG and go to the USER tab,

then click and go into Organizational Mgmt tab,

and then click on the Create Assignment icon

and choose/assign a Position and then click on the Indirect use assignment reconciliation icon. The reconciliation light turns green, but when we go back to the USER tab the Organizational Mgmt tab light turn red and the User Id isn't assigned in the USER tab although the Objects and their relationship appear in the Organizational Mgmt tab. The Indirect use assignment reconciliation light is also changed to red when I go back into the Organizational Mgmt tab. I have checked for a valid infotype 0105 subtype 0001, valid User Id, valid PD objects and relationships and have not found any problems so far.

The odd thing is that the using the PFCG I seem to be able to do Indirect Assignment of Roles for Roles that were not created today for the same User Ids so it seems to be just the newly created Roles that are giving the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mention that you don't have this problem with the older roles and since you are using CUA it sounds like you have not run the text comparison for the new roles that have been created.

Can run it from PFCG or SU01...

Regards

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to assing the roles in Pa30 and than run RHPROFL0 mamually

0 Kudos

I think Auke means to assign the roles directly in Tcode PP01 instead of PA30 and then run the beforementioned program.

0 Kudos

Iam doing this on the CUA system, so its not allowing to run RHPROFLO. It gives a message" CUA user managemnt is active and try doing reconciliation by PFUD". I have tried PFUD but it didnt work. I dont see any authorization missing in SU53 screen shots. Its just that for few roles its working for for the new roles I have created its not working.

0 Kudos

hi deepthi kedasu,

here are some notes that you might benefit from:

you can also look at some of the related notes of this one:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mention that you don't have this problem with the older roles and since you are using CUA it sounds like you have not run the text comparison for the new roles that have been created.

Can run it from PFCG or SU01...

Regards

0 Kudos

Could you please let me know what is the use of text comparision and where do we do it? The positional assignment failed for a role that is directly created on CUA system. We have then created a test role in DEV and transported it to PRD system and even for this role its not working.

Edited by: Deepthi Kedasu on Feb 11, 2008 5:32 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

A text comparison is required so that all changes to roles can be stored in the central client - this includes the new roles that have been created. These are stored in check tables on the CUA client. Since the CUA client is also recognised as a child system in the CUA model, it is also required for the roles created in the client as well - in simple terms the CUA client does not recognise the new role created or which child system it is associated with. This also applies to a role that has been created and transported to PRD - since the CUA for the PRD clients does not recognise the role that has been created.

You can run from SU01 from the roles tab, there is a button that starts the program and you can then choose the relevant client. Alternatively you can run it from PFCG - Environment > Text comparison for CUA central system.

I suggest that you schedule the program SUSR_ZBV_GET_RECEIVER_PROFILES to run periodically so that you don't have to perform this manually.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Morar,

Thank you so much. We have done the text comparision and its working now. Points given

Regards,

Deepthi