cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements to go for new TableSpace Creation ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It is a more databse question than SAP,

What are requirements to go for new Tablespace creation ?

OR

Why do we need to create new Tablespace evethough, we have around 7 default tspaces there.

Eg : In my case TSpace PSAPVERTEX created; vertex is US tax tool.

I dont think database stores the application specific data in particular TSpace like vertex application -

PSAPVETEX

Please reply to me soon

RK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it can be a good idea to put Vertex tables all in the same tablespace. so, follow Vertex installation procedure and stick to it. you will get support from Vertex this way.

But Stefan is also right, it is not necessary to create a new tablespace but in your case, I would still create it.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramakrishna,

>> Why do we need to create new Tablespace evethough, we have around 7 default tspaces there.

That is not correct. You have one default tablespace on database level or one default tablespace for different users (user settings)... but you can never have more than one default tablespace.

SAP creates more tablespaces to seperate the data and to structure it... but the definition, which object is stored in which tablespace is specified in the create statement of the object.

So if objects are for the vertex application.. the create statement includes the vertex tablespace PSAPVERTEX.. if not the objects are created in the default tablespace for the user.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ste..,

Thanks, Points are alloted