cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why 2 files in NetWeaver java edition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On the Sneak Preview SAP NetWeaver 04 page(https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn?rid=/library/uuid/cfc19866-0401-0010-35b2-dc8158247fb6) there are two Download links(namely 'Download File 1' and 'Download File 2' under Java Edition).

Do I need to download both the files to install NW?

Plase let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Dinesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dinesh

Download Instructions:

Both download files are required in the same directory to extract the complete Java Edition archive successfully. Due to Windows file system restrictions, the path name length of the destination directory must not exceed 10 characters. If you exceed the 10-character limit, the extraction process will fail. You can erase the contents of this archive once the installation is completed.

A folder "NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11" is created once the contents are extracted. Initiate installation by clicking on the start.bat file in this main directory.

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sameer.

I downloaded the two files(namely NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11.part1 and NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11.part2).

But when I extracted the these files in two directories C:/Temp1 and C:/Temp2 the contents(size, no. of files) of both directories look exactaly same and both of them have Start.bat file.

Now which Start.bat file I should use to install NW?

Regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Extract them to the same directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Sorry for the late reply.

I extracted the first file(NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11.part1) to C:/Temp(system created the folder C:/Temp/NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11 and I renamed it as C:/Temp/NW) and when I started extracting 2nd file(NW04SneakPrevJavaSP11.part2), I got the message that there is no file to extract.

So I started the instalation by clicking Start.bat file.

In step 2/29 I got the following error:

MUT-02041 SDM call of stopServer ends with returncode 1

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks

Dinesh