Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help ?

In the Repository (XI 3.0)

I have created an external definition from an XML schema which I validated using xmlspy thus I believe the schema to be correct.

I then created a MessageInterface that references this external definiton.

My issue is when I want to use this MessageInterface as the Source Message in a Message mapping, I get the following error:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this ?

Thanks

Graham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the exchange profile via URL

http://<>:50000/exchangeProfile, goto

IntegrationBuilder in the left tree and increase parameter com.sap.aii.ib.client.jnlp.j2se.maxheapsize from 512m to 768m (or higherif necessary). Press the save button.

Goto http://<>:50000/rep/support/admin/index.html,

press AII Properties on the left side and then press the REFRESH button until you see the new value on the right side.

if the problem is no resolved even after doing the above, take a look at a look at note:

580351 Java WebStart troubleshooting in XI 2.0

(This note is also valid for XI3.0)

Cheers,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for Responding Naveen

I tried all that you mentioned, even increased parameter com.sap.aii.ib.client.jnlp.j2se.maxheapsize from 512m to 1536m but I still get the java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space error.

I checked the OSS note you mentioned but my configuration is according to the note.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it can also be a caching issue with Java webstart Java Webstart.

Do the following please:

Select Windows Start menu -> All Programs -> Java Web Start -> Java Web Start Choose File -> Preferences -> Advanced

Choose 'Clear folder'

ChooseOK

Close Java# Webstart

Try opening IR and re-import !!

By the way if you think you got meaningful answers for your post, please dont forget to assign points.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen

Still no luck..still getting the error ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok the final place to look for now is the "var" folder on the unix side of XI. "VAR" is a temp file used by XI for all the mappings etc. Often this folder runs out of memory and results in odd behaviour during mapping.

Ur Basis team should know where to look for "VAR".

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

Our XI is not on unix. We have our virtual memory on our windows server set at 3gig. Our windows server has two drives, C and D. Our XI install is on the D Drive where we have 1.2g available space out of 90gig total. C drive has 2.7gig available out of 8gig total. Dont know whether this is relevant ?

Thanks

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what appends after you get that error? Are you able to continue with your work or do have to restart the client? Does the server go down or is it a client side error?

How large is the external definition file?

Regards,

Hermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hermann

Once the pop-up appears in the Repository displaying the Java heap space error, I am able to close the pop-up and continue working in the Repository application. The server does not drop. I do not have to restart the client.

The size of the xsd file is 99kb. I can send you a copy of the xsd if you like.

The confusing aspect here is that the xsd imports as an external definition with no problems. I am also able to use the external definition in a Message Interface with no problem but when I try to use the external Definition as the source structure in a message mapping, I get the error.

I get the error in the Message Mapping design whether I use the functionality to import the source structure from an xsd file or if I choose from an object in the repository.

For now, I am going to code the map using xslt but I would like to understand why I cant use the Mapping editor for this ?

Thanks Hermann

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well thats not too big file. Unfortunately you can not send me the xsd file, but my advise is to open an OSS message because this is clearly a bug. There are some known Out-of-Memory issues with the mapping tool and they are likely to be fixed in upcoming SPs.

Regards,

Hermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hermann

Thanks. I have taken a note out with OSS. Will keep you posted.

regards

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Solved the Memory Error ! Wasnt memory etc.this was just a consequence of an incorrect schema.

As a test, I imported a unrelated Xcbl schema document +_ 1500kb and it worked perfectly. This made me believe that there must be something wrong with the other schema provided to us from our Trading partner even though it was validating in XMLSPY.

I created a new schema from a sample xml document we were provided and it works beautifully !

Thanks to all for your input.

Answers (0)