cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS and ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HAs anyone installed the CCMS agents for ITS 620, if yes please help.

1. DO you need to put agents on all wgate and agate boxes?

2. Is this a good tool to monitor ITS load balancing and performance?

Thanks

Jeremy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy

Did you got a reply or solution to this one..

I am running 5 ITS Instances on a linuxserver and they are reporting to a SAP CEN system (a Solution Manager 3.2 system) and there I see all I need and can have autoreactionmethods set to trigger sms/alert/email if problem occur

Please reply to tobbe@sca.com for more info

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Yes install the saposcol and sapccmsr agent on all applicable servers. Register them to your CEN (central CCMS monitoring system).

2. SAP CCMS is buggy as any other monitoring tool. The nice part it is part of your license with SAP (meaning there is no additinal cost) and the OSS support regarding CCMS is very good.

Check http://service.sap.com/monitoring -> monitoring in detail -> CCMS Agents: Features, Installation and Usage.

I had it setup that I was monitoring the ITS service and if that did not have a process count >= 1 then an auto-reaction was triggered. Of course this working depending on my saposcol and sapccmsr working which as mentioned has its fair share of issues. Use the latest kernel version 6.40 or 7.00 of saposcol and sapccmsr on your ITS servers.

...and please don't forget to reward the answers...it's THE way to say thanks here !