cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Maintain iBase in IB52

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All-

I would like to maintain the iBase structure in IB52 (add new systems) but I am facing some difficulty. When I go to the Text tab to enter a new description and Identification, the system acts like I am in Display mode when it says Change Installed Base at the top. I.e. No text will appear in the table when I type.

I am working with SAP_ALL as well.

Anyone experience this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nathaniel,

I had a similar issue and is was corrected by applying SAP note 1049800.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathaniel,

usually there is no need to maintain the IBase in regards to ABAP systems. Everytime you add a new server or make changes, you need to go to transaction dswp and go to the menu bar and select edit. From the drop down menu under edit select Initial Data Transfer of IBase. It will update it. This requires that the SMSY entries are maintained for the server of course and have been added to the solution.

Netweaver Portal, e-Commerce etc is different of course and was pointed before out what transaction to use.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the need to maintain the iBase.

For users creating support messages that do not necessarily occur on SAP systems, there is the option to create "dummy" iBase entries so that messages can be created for non-system issues.

Or what if you want the field values in notif_create to appear differently than what is updated by dswp?

Regardless of how users create messages / how messages are reported against, there is a way to maintain the iBase.

My questions is how to maintain the iBase, if the change functioning is not working properly. Not whether the need exists or not.

Thanks for addressing my post, points awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to maintain the IBase you need to setup the non-SAP system in SMSY nevertheless. Once you have created it there, create logical component, assigned to logical component and then add it to a solution. Once you have done this, go to transaction dswp and transfer the IBase. Then go to transaction IB52 and add a 'fake' client to your non-SAP system by adding a new line with client number 000 or any other client number you wish to have.

The IBase is based on SAPSID, installation number and client number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try IB51

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try IB51 to what? Initially create an iBase? Because that is what IB51 does.

My question was how to maintain an iBase that already exists.

Let me know if I am mistaken.