cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mulitple Clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

In our Shop SRM Client- 115 is sending their PO's to the XI client 110, and we have implemented the Interface Successfully.

NOw the requirement is SRM want to add another SRM Client 116, and that points to the same XI Client.

Could some one tell me , how to tackle the above situation.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can create an extra business system for you new SRM client and treat the interface as completely independant and either copy or redevelop the repository objects and config.

XI is all about homogeneous integration and canonicals. you should try to make the repository objects as generic as possible and make configs for the two clients separately. Even if there are minor differences between the interfaces from SRM client 110 and SRM client 116 you should design your repository objects to be able to handle both the specific requirements.

Thanks,

Kalyan Musunuri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen

You must have created a technical system in your SLD for SRM Client. There you can Add the various clients, 115, 116, 117.

Next create a new business system for the client 116, lets say SRM_116.

Now in your Integration Directory, create a new scenario and assign the business system as SRM_116.

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kalyan and Sammer, Useful answers.

For my new SRM Client, I have created a Business system and called that SRM_NEW. I haven't touched the Repository. In directory I have created the new Configuration Scenario and on the Sender side I mentioned the SRM_NEW and the remaining things like communication channel, and the other components I have reused from the previous interface.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

This would not be a problem as different clients in a system has its own unique Logical system name which distinguishes from one another.

Also in the SLD for XI there will be 2 entries in the business systems one for client 115 and the other for client 116.

Thanks & Regards,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would you be more clear Please?

I know I have to create a new entery in XI- SLD System, also I need to create a new configuration scenarion in the Directory, and copy the objects from the other Scenario.

Not sure whether this is the only way we have, I know this is not the best way, because if there is a change in the Directory object in the initial XI Configuration Scenario, then I need to make the same corresponding change.

Experts : If you could provide me a detailed answer, I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.