cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I dynamically Change Shipping Condition on a Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is what I would like to do.

If there exists a STO with schedules lines that are past due. At the point of converting it to Outbound Delivery Documents (VL10B ). I would like to split the open quantity into 2 different Outbound Deliveries, each with a differeent Shipping Condition.

I believe I should be able to do this using the customer exit for 'Rule for calculation of quantity to be delivered'.

Is this the right approach ? or is there a better solution to meet are needs.

We are on SAP 4.6C

Regards

Aju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you run tranz OVKH you will see the rule: one sales doc - one ship.cond.

how can you imagine delivery under sales order with another ship.cond on header level??

ship.cond. fields:

order: VBAK-VSBED

delivery: LIKP-VSBED

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. I see your point

Please understand that we were keen on using the Shipping Conditon field.It could be Shipping Points !. Our requirement is to create 2 Outbound Deliveries, which need to be distingushed. ( One for Material that go Air, the other for Material that goes ground ).

What would be a good field to use to make this distinction as well as what would be the ideal way to do this.

Regards

Aju

Former Member
0 Kudos

in this case write z-exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well we know that we would have to probably end up doing that.

But we have been unable to idnetify the right one. Any pointers?

Another approach we are looking at is to create the Outbound Delivery and the Split it into the quantity needed using a custom routine.

Aju

Former Member
0 Kudos

The delivery split uses the document update of delivery processing and calls up the USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT and SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE user exits in MV50AFZ1 (SAVE_DOCUMENT for delivery processing). It may also be the case that your own messages or statistical updates cannot process the new situation correctly. During a subsequent delivery split, the system simultaneously generates and changes deliveries during in one posting. There is no collective processing indicator and none of the traditional transaction types (T180-TRTYP) is set.

User-specific data is copied from the LIKP and LIPS tables. If the data is dependent on quantity or if the document numbers are not used in your own data, you have to update the data yourself.