cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI consultant profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to build a profile inorder to hire an XI implementation consultant.

I need your help here. what would you suggest?

does he need any SAP background ? ABAP? Java?

A large amount of points is waiting to give a way to anyone who can help

Thanks in advance,

M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mushon

When you are hiring an XI consultant, it will be a big big plus if the concerned person has SAP background, not necessarily at an expert level. He should have basic knowledge on IDocs, RFC, ABAP.

But the most important job will be in writing the mapping, so the person should have a very good understanding of XML. As everything within XI is XML based. He should have good knowledge in XSLT and Java.

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Again,

Thank you all for your answers.

Would some one with WBI\Biztalk experience have an advantage over an SAP background or not?

Thanks,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mushon

It depends again as to what is the role that you are looking at the person to play. If you want the person to be a pure EAI guy and leave the SAP work to SAP guys then, definitely a person with WB\Biztalk will have more advantage over a pure SAP guy. The reason being he will be already having good knowledge on XML and Java and also core EAI concepts.

But if you feel that the role encompasses more of SAP work and less of EAI work, then an SAP guy will be a good choice.

cheers

Sameer

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VCUNTHEE
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mushon,

I am sure ABAP and Java knowledge would be a great help for SAP XI consultant, what you should also look at XI consultant would be to have some good knowledge on Integration broker and also EAI as a whole. Best bet woudl be to have a profile who have good knowledge on EAI tools,Java having worked on SAP integration.

Good luck,

Vedavyas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should look for somebody who has worked excessively in the SAP EDI development and has exposure to java and JCO(Java connection object). I think people with both ABAP and java background and who have worked with the java and ABAP integration will be a good XI Consultant

Thanks,

Kalyan Musunuri