cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions Regarding Adobe Document Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

We are looking at implementing Adobe Document Services and I have some general questions about running it; any input you can give will be helpful. I am particularly eager for good reference documents that have answers to these questions.

Question 1:

We have multiple ABAP stacks which could use ADS (which runs on the J2EE stack). Can we use just one J2EE instance running the latest version of ADS and hook it up to all our ABAP stacks? Or do we need a separate J2EE instance for each ABAP stack?

Question 2:

Are there direct version dependencies between ADS and the ABAP stack version / J2EE stack version? In other words, if we upgrade the ABAP stack version does the ADS version need to increase to the same stack level?

Question 3:

Does Adobe Lifecycle Designer require a separate client install for it to work in the SAPGUI?

Question 4:

What is meant by "high volume" print scenarios -- and why would this supposedly need a dual-stack system?

Thanks in advance SDNers!

- Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

actuall the statement to have ABAP+JAVA for performnce reasons is obsolete as of NW 7.0 SP12

please see the Master guide at https://service.sap.com/instguides

For SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SP Stack 06 and higher, run both usage types AS ABAP and AS Java in

one system to improve performance for printing scenarios in this system. This precludes the

possibility of using one central ADS for several systems.

As of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SP Stack 12, this restriction no longer applies. Therefore you can also

improve performance by using one central ADS for several systems.

this is a good starting point https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/adobe

There are in particular for ADS installations on HP-UX performance constraints

please checkout #1133230:

Because the ADS binary files execute using the AIRES emulator, erformance of the ADS will be slightly different from what is indicated in the ADS sizing guidelines.

• Performance for small print forms will be approximately 2.0 times slower than indicated in the sizing guideline.

• Performance for medium and large print forms and non-cached interactive forms will be approximately 1.5 times slower than indicated in the sizing guideline

• Performance for cached interactive forms will be approximately 25% faster than indicated in the sizing guideline

Nesimi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answering my own question, to close it out & help anyone else with these issues:

Question 1: Technically you need a separate stack to match the version, although it appears to work between versions by happenstance. The versioning requirements are set forth in the NetWeaver master guide.

Question 2: See Question 1.

Question 3: Yes.

Question 4: Specified in the ADS sizing document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

can you please give me the guidelines to install ADS please if possible where can i find the installation doucment.

Regards

Raj