cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Message when deployed (back-end system

Former Member
0 Kudos

what does this error mean?

' An error was returned from the back-end system [V4211] Data was not found for the document

Edited by: Lien Thach on Feb 4, 2008 9:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My best guess is that it occurs because the system (BAPI etc) you try to retrieve data from does not have any records to retrieve.

Makes sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responded back.. Your answer to my question is correct..

Do you mind to ask one more question for me?

The issue I'm having right now is that every time I redeployed my iview I get this error message:

Portal Request Failed (Object already exist) Portal-Content/com.sap.gm.cnt/vcmodels/con

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem in asking questions. I do it all the time

Try rename your model and deploy it again. Another solution would be to find the model, that you already deployed in the portal (Content administration etc...) and delete the iView for the model there.

Maybe that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Renaming the iview works just fine but I need to know why I have to rename it everytime. why can't it run with the same name?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is certainly a problem. I had a problem where my model "froze" every time I deployed. So I had to close the model, unlock it and reopen the model again.

But I found out that if I use Firefox to view the portal output in, it helped.

Your problem probably has something to do with the Flex2 you are using. Try go into the Tools/Options/Compiler and choose Flex instead of Flex2. Maybe that helps?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lien,

Jakob is right. If data is not found for given criteria, then VC returns the error specified by you.

If you pass the value '6' to some bapi, and though it will return some output in SAP R/3, but passing '6' to Same bapi in VC results into the error. So try passing full length parameter to bapi. For example, instead '6', pass'0000000006', if total length is 10 characters.

Let me know if you have any problem.

Thanks,

Prashant

(PS: Don't forgot to award points for useful answer)

marcelo_ramos
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lien,

It happens whenever a message type 'E'(Error) is returned from a RFC (BAPI), then VC exhibits this message automatically as "Application Message".

Certainly no data was found by RFC in system V4211 based in your inputed parameter(s).

( V4211 => System where RFC(BAPI) is being executed ).

Don't forget to close this Thread when your question be answered !

Regards.

Marcelo Ramos