Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User validity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible for a user to know how long his ID is valid ? Assume the users dont have SU01D or SUIM

Edited by: george G on Feb 4, 2008 8:47 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Nothing as standard will tell you this I'm afraid.

You could have a look for a user exit in the login routine & give a popup which looks at USR02 to get this info from SY-DATUM and expiry date.

You could get an abaper to create a report which does the same, it shouldn't take them long at all (hour at most). Add it to a transaction and pop it into the basic user role (ensuring it uses SY-UNAME to only retrieve the logged in user) and let users run it.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Nothing as standard will tell you this I'm afraid.

You could have a look for a user exit in the login routine & give a popup which looks at USR02 to get this info from SY-DATUM and expiry date.

You could get an abaper to create a report which does the same, it shouldn't take them long at all (hour at most). Add it to a transaction and pop it into the basic user role (ensuring it uses SY-UNAME to only retrieve the logged in user) and let users run it.

0 Kudos

Thanks!! Atleast I have something to take to a meeting! Infact I did try every method.. I determined an ABAPER is needed but could not find a direction. Thanks