cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Sort profile for TO Print Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Under trans. code OMLV I set the definition for the Sort Profile of TO print processing to how we would like our items to appear on the TO.

It is not working properly, as the items are not being sorted according to the crirteria set in OMLV. Actually, no sorting is happening at all. The order in which the items appear on the TO matches the order in which they appear on the Delivery and Purchase Order.

Has anyone had this issue before? Any info will help.

Thanks

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

The problem is nothing will happen with a Sort Profile alone, this is only applied as part of a TO Split Profile.

The way to get the Sort to apply is to create the Sort profile as you probably already have with the appropriate fields in the section,

-> Processing Performance Data / TO Split

then

-> -> Define Profiles

then

-> -> -> Sort profile for TO splitting (This is option 3)

Once you have done this you then go back to the second option on the same screen

-> -> -> Profile for Transfer Order Splitting

In here you must assign your created Sort Profile to a Split profile,

even if you have no other Split criteria, you must create a Split profile.

Once this is created you need to assign this Split Profile, to the appropriate Movement Types and Storage Types within the Customising section.

-> Control for Performance Data Processing / Define TO Split

then

-> -> Performance data control

Once this is done, transport released, etc, you should start to see TOs created in the sequence you want.

With best regards

Carl Storey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I did it in that way following your instruction,

-> Processing Performance Data / TO Split

then

-> -> Define Profiles

then

-> -> -> Sort profile for TO splitting (This is option 3)

• I add one entry "088 1 VLTYP VLPLA". and then,

-> -> -> Profile for Transfer Order Splitting

• also one entry "088 1 1". and then

-> Control for Performance Data Processing / Define TO Split

then

-> -> Performance data control

• whn mvt sty dtyp perf tosplit"

• "088 255 002 910 1 1"

-

additionally in OMLV:

-Definition

-> sort profile/coll.proc.

• "whn sortprofile 1stsort 2nd 3rd ..."

• 088 1 VLTYP VLPLA "

-> -> print code

• "whn prcd desc fin de form ptm sort combined spool label"

• "088 01 ... zvstaliste 1 01 "

--assignments

-> print code ->> movement type.

• "whn mvt decr prcd"

• "088 255 ...... 02 "

on completing and verifying the configuration, and excute LT31, and print an TO.

however, with the corresponding mvt and source type and bin sort profile settings, no sort happened? could you kindly provide any clue on this issue if you have time?

thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The way we made it work applied to the creation of the TO and was not aimed at the printing process, as we sometimes print and sometimes use RF scanners without printing.

I guess it probably might not work for existing TOs, if you try and create a new TO, please see if this creates the TO lines in the desired sequence?

If you need the TO to be printed in a different sequence from which it is created, then you will probably need something additionally set. We do not, so I did not pursue this further as yet, we do have a further requirement to sort according to criteria not available through the standard fields, so if I find something further I will post again.

Regards

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally I worked it out and come back here to make self-correction.

You're right. Any many thanks to you. ~ ~.

-

The way we made it work applied to the creation of the TO and was not aimed at the printing process, as we sometimes print and sometimes use RF scanners without printing.

I guess it probably might not work for existing TOs, if you try and create a new TO, please see if this creates the TO lines in the desired sequence?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think that you have had the answer to your question. I am trying to get people to keep the forum tidy. If you have what you require could you award you points if you want to and mark your question as answered.

This helps everybody as there are at the moment 48 pages of open questions and if people do not close them the forum will grow and then people like me will not go through all of the pages as it takes too long and some people will not get answers to their questions.

Thank you

Frenchy