Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know who executed specific transaction last month ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing drill down to audit reports and trying to find out

1) who executed specific transaction ( example MIGO) for last 3 months?

Please advise.

From

PT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PT,

This gets asked every week so please use the search for ST03N, STAD and/or Security Audit Log

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PT,

This gets asked every week so please use the search for ST03N, STAD and/or Security Audit Log

0 Kudos

STAD does not show me anything for past 3 months.

ST03n under User profile it shows me transaction executed by specific user not the

list of user who executed specific transaction.

Please advise.

From

PT.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The advice is to learn how to use ST03N and the SEARCH button.

You can get exactly what you want with ST03N and yes, the steps by steps instructions have already be described numerous times here...

Regards,

Olivier

0 Kudos

Pranav,

If you have Virsa cc, then you can use the table /VIRSA/ALTCDLOG to get the information you need.

0 Kudos

Thanks, We are using the Virsa.

The table /VIRSA//VIRSA/ALTCDLOG is showing up no entry in SE16.

From

PT

0 Kudos

Oliver

This is what I did:

Sto3n

Expert mode

Click on the Total

Selected Month.

Selected November Month.

Click on "Transaction Profile" under analysis views

Click on the starndard.

Search for the specific transaction and it gives me list of users.

Hope this is what you meant.

Can you please confirm?

From

PT.

0 Kudos

Hi PT,

There are a few ways you can slice and dice the data under Expert mode, but that's the one that you want. You can drill into the line items to get more info.

Unfortunately what it will only show you is who executed the tx, rather than actually processed the transaction itself.

0 Kudos

>

> Unfortunately what it will only show you is who executed the tx, rather than actually processed the transaction itself.

To my knowledge, and depending on the transaction, it does not even show you that; so I struggle to imagine that VIRSA can do more with the data which is kept. ST03N & Co. are for auditing purposes more co-incidentally usefull (the intended transaction is SM20 & Co.), as the system aggregates and translates the input data of the user to get meaningfull performance information - not raw audit data.

Some specific data is not recorded at all.

I would recommend using SM20 => Security Audit Log to be able to get this information in future.

Kind regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> >

> > Unfortunately what it will only show you is who executed the tx, rather than actually processed the transaction itself.

> To my knowledge, and depending on the transaction, it does not even show you that; so I struggle to imagine that VIRSA can do more with the data which is kept. ST03N & Co. are for auditing purposes more co-incidentally usefull (the intended transaction is SM20 & Co.), as the system aggregates and translates the input data of the user to get meaningfull performance information - not raw audit data.

>

> Some specific data is not recorded at all.

>

> I would recommend using SM20 => Security Audit Log to be able to get this information in future.

>

> Kind regards,

> Julius

HI Julius,

I'm also a fan of the Audit Log, I know there are questions about it's performance impact, but if that's a concern I would have questions over the sizing.......

An underrated tool is RBE, I've not used the latest version but as a statistical tool (e.g. who ran FB03 in plant 0001 for date range x ) it can be very useful.

Cheers

Alex

0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Yes that's it.

With ST03N you can get the list of transactions per user or the list of users per transaction.

It's not perfect but without audit activated this the best you can get.

Regards,

Olivier