cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production System triggers alerts in development environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I've configured Alerts in XI development environment. I haven't configured them in any other environment yet but I'm getting alerts into the Alert Inbox of development environment, triggered by production XI system. How is this possible?

Thanks a lot,

Gari.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gari,

If everything is as you have explained, then it should not happen.

May be the the alert text is misleading.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.

I've checked the text and it's ok. I've seen the error regarding to the alert in the production system message monitor. The error happened in the production system and an alert was triggered in development environment.

Thanks,

Gari.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in ALRTCATDEF in optional subsecuent activity, what system is defined?

Thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo.

I'm sure I haven't configured PRD system for alert triggering, and it shouldn't be happening. The alert triggered from PRD system has the same text description I configured in development ALRTCATDEF.

It is as if the alerts were being caught by the development system through any other channel. Production SLD has the DEV system registered, but I don't think this could be a possible reason. It's very strange.

Thanks a lot,

Gari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you Ravi and Rodrigo for trying to help me. I know why production business systems were triggering alerts to DEV. It wasn't XI PRD system triggering alerts to DEV, it was a PRD business system.

I've checked RFC Connections in SM59 for all my PRD systems and I don't know why but all of them had an ABAP (type 3) RFC destination called "CentralMonitoringServer-XIAlerts" pointing to DEV XI system.

Regards,

Gari.