cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Supplier Bridge won't start in URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing post installation steps for XI3.0. I have loaded the latest CIM files from SAP.

I can start the SLD server under administration-> Server Settings-> Start

However, on the next step for the data supplier bridge, under administration-> data supplierI enter True for update SLD, I enter the fully qualified host name and I enter the gateway sapgw02(same as the XI instance) for the SLD. When I hit start, the bridge stays in stopped mode.

This is the first step of configuring the bridge. I have not even gotten to the ABAP and JAVA sides. What could be causing the bridge itself not to start?

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP came in an checked out my machine and guess what, the SLD was running! Go figure! Anyway, I think what I did to make it work was configure the J2EE SLD Data Supplier using the Visual administrator. Make sure to restart the service to get it to work (right click over SLD Data Supplier adn select stop, repeat and then select start). I also had another problem where the XI users were installed on client 000 and not the Integration Engine client. I had to copy the XI users and their associated roles to the Integration client. So far everything is working fine now (Everything is green in the SLDCHECK). Though, I am experiencing an issue where I the Change\Display button is disabled. I do not know if this is a role issue or a bug in the programming.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, they wanted to login to our machine to find out but it's been back and forth for the last week. Though, tonight they should be able to login and check it out. This has my whole XI implementation on hold.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry to hear that. We haven't solved the problem, so I installed a second WAS with XI and got everything up and running as of SP9. I plan to now step through the support packs until I run into the problem. I will let you know tomorrow.

If they get please post! Thanks!

See ya,

Chris

pedroA
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm having the same problem in AIX/Oracle XI installation SP14.

Can you give any feedback, if the bridge still work after you install SP14 with the post installation procedures done in SP9.

Best Regards

Pedro albuquerque

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are freezing for the week at SP9 until some demos are done. I will be able to start ratching up the SP's next monday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I have this problem resolved now thanks to Theo, an SAP collegue. It is an authority issue for use J2EE_ADMIN after upgrading to SP14. Please do the following to resolve the issue.

Add the SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR role to the J2EE_ADMIN user, Compare the role for the user.

Stop and start the SLD data supplier service in Visual Administrator.

Then I was able to start the SLD bridge from the SLD URL.

If this does not work then restart the J2EE engine from SMICM and try again.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Richard, somehow I missed the thread.

Anytime you have an error you can follow these steps.

1. SLD -> Administration -> Server Log change to <b>Finest</b>

2. SLD -> your operation

3. Go back to Server Log and check what the error is (mostly authorization errors)

Manual fix of the authorzation error is Visual Admin -> Security Provider -> sap.com/com.sap.lcr*sld -> security roles tab and add the user.

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I received a reply back from SAP lastnight and they state that it is a known problem and they are working on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has SAP gotten back to anyone yet? I still have this problem.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check whether "sapgw02" is properly defined in your /etc/services file?

As a test, see what happens if you enter the port number "3302" directly instead of "sapgw02".

The J2EE visual admin logviewer service should also include some useful info.

Regards,

HC

Full path: c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too just re-installed XI. Everything is at the newest SP level (except XI which I will upgrade after the post installation steps). Has anyone solved this issue? I have a note into SAP itself. If I find out anything I will post a reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you configured the Service "SLD Data Supplier" in Visual Admin ?

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I went ahead with both the J2EE and ABAP sides. however it is step 1, where you actaully start the bridge in the SLD itself that is failing. This step is supose to occur first accrding to the guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Curtis.

i have the exactly same problem.

SLD data supplier doesn't start.

Do you have any progress?

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a message in at SAP. I will post my progress Monday. If you resolve it, please post also.

By the way Sejoon, what operating system and SP level are you on. We are on Windows 2003 here and have moved to SP14 before starting the post install steps.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Richard.

> By the way Sejoon, what operating system and

> SP level are you on. We are on Windows 2003

> here and have moved to SP14 before starting

> the post install steps

My env. is almost same to you.

Windows 2003 + SP14(i applied all the patches of ABAP and J2EE from SR1 before installing XI).

Well, i'm sure that when i installed XI a few months ago with SR1, i didn't get this kind of error.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump to top of forum