cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

valuated project stock and results analysis PoC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus,

our customer is using valuated project stock and the results analysis for PoC, revenue based method.

Now my question is, how I can customize the system that at the same time the RA calculates POC revenue and WIP. I found a SAP note for this 215644 - Profit indicator U (POC method + WIP for costs) but do not know whether this solves my problem.

OK, I have the following business case:

Planned revenue: 3'000

planned costs: 2'000

actual costs (real costs): 1'000

project stock (inventory): 1'000

I would like, that the RA includes the project stock in its RA calculation for POC revenue. This should not be a problem, because the project stock is created as well as cost element cat. 90 and I can include it in the RA settings.

So POC revenue = 3'000 (100% progress of costs)

But due to the fact that the project stock is not yet in the profit and loss (only balance sheet account), I would like to customize SAP in this way, that it posts automatically to the POC revenue as well WIP of 1'000 due to the project stock, so I ceate the project stock as well as costs in the P&L of my project. Is this possible???????

I would really appreciate if somebody can answer me.

thanks ans regards

Heidi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can say something from theory but not much from sap config. perspective. You have not mentioned actual revenue since POC is calculated from

R(a)/R(p).How you have considered 100% poc?

From your data,it looks to me that you have met the target revenue from actual cost which is less than planned one.Inventory indicates that you can generate revenue in next accounting period (unlike WIP).I feel that unlike plant stock,RA is not perfomed on project stock Murli, can ammend my view if it is wrong.

You can post this problem to Fi/Co.

Regards

Adwait

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question is a very involved one.

But what you propose to do seems to me to be violative of one fundamental premise of FI/CO - That is, there shall be" No balance sheet Accounts in Controlling."

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have never worked before with valuated project stock, only with non-valuated and here I have always directly costs and no problem.

With your experience of valuated project stock, do you include the project stock in the POC calculation, or only actual costs. I found already quite some OSS notes and it seems, other companies do the same. What is the best practive for valuated stock? - Just keep them in stock without POC involvment?

Thanks a lot.

heidi