cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual confirmed (Status MCNF) activity elements

0 Kudos

Hi,

In several projects the activity elements gets the status manually confirmed (MCNF). These activity elements have a workstation with personell assigned. What kind of mechanism is triggering this status and what is the consequence?

Regards,

Petter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the configuration node confirmation parameters, confirmation is automatically proposed.

For automatic final confirmation, the confirmed quantity of the activity suggests whether the confirmation is saved as a partial (PCNF) or final confirmation (CNF)

1. If the confirmed quantity is less than the quantity possible, the confirmation is saved as a partial confirmation (PCNF- System status is set on the activity)

2. If the confirmed quantity is more than (that is, greater than or equal to) the quantity possible, the confirmation is saved as a final confirmation (CNF- System status is set on the activity)

If an activity was confirmed manually it also receives the status MCNF (manually confirmed).

I doubt if this has got any consequence on costing/scheduling, but lets wait for others views.

Regards

Sreenivas

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes,Since you are mentioning CATS interface in ur system to PS, the status of "MCNF" is coming when the hrs are confirmed on network/WBS elem in CATS interface and once the hrs are transferred to PS..though it is not the only way MCNF can come for an activity ..User could have done confirmations directly in PS ( check CN25(display) etc).

Best regards,

M.Amarendra

nitish_govindwar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our case while using transaction CAT2, getting warning massege "CNF status is active ".

Whereas in Project status field it is MCNF PCNF.

This warning massege remain; till three times press "Enter", which is a headache for my User.

Please suggest your views/solution.

Regards,

Nitish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I believe that the confirmation of more number of hours than planned has caused the setting of status "MCNF". Further, I think, even without CATS interface, it will happen.

Muraleedharan.R

0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately the change documents are not active. I ran CN48 and it seems like many of the activities have the combination of system status MCNF and PCNF.

Is it possible that the interface from the CATS module is affecting the status and therebye sets the status MCNF?

Is it possible that actual hours worked (partially confirmed from CATS) > (greather than) planned work can set the status MCNF?

Regards,

Petter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Status "MNCF" will not set by any transaction (as far as I know)other than manual confirmation, unless there is a system error which should be referred to SAP.

However, before doing that please check whether any user has unwittingly done manual confirmation. For that, please go to the activity element, click the status icon,which opens the "change status" window. Here you select "Manually confirmed"->Extras->Change documents->All. Here you click "All changes" button, which gives a dsplay of all changes, including who made the changes at what time using which tranasaction. This will give a clear picture as to what has really happend.

However, for this change documents should be active.

You can run the report CN48 and get a less detailed information, which may also be useful in analyzing the problem.

Transaction for reversing confirmation is CN29.

Regards

Muraleedharan.R

0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems like the status MCNF has been set automatically and not directly by a user

1. Is it possible when using time scheduling that the network element in some way gets the status MCNF?

2. Is there some mechanisms other than using CTRL + F8 on the element that can set the status MCNF?

3. Is it possible to reverse the status MCNF?

4. If yes, how?

Regards,

Petter