cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL 2005 Baclup restore procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to some virus problem I crashed my Development server .Before to do so I had taken SQL Full backup & copied the Datafiles & translog to someother location.

Now I installed a new system with diffrent SID .How can I restore the taken backup (sql full & copy of datafile ,translog)

Could you please tell me the procedure from SQL management studio or whatever the way is possible.

Awaiting for all your valuable steps.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone post he link to system guides?

I tried to restore SQL2005 over the weekend and got error that user us using this session and to switch to master in order to use this command. It was confusing as in 4.6c and SQL2000 using the same procedure did not produce this error. Now with upgraded system ECC6 and SQL 2005 there must be a trick that is missing in my guides.

Thanks

Edited by: Patrick Rezek on Feb 10, 2008 10:15 PM

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Patrick,

In order to restore a database do not drill down to the specific database in the management studio->object explorer instead right click on the node "database" in the "object explorer" and select "Restore Databases" and then select the appropriate database in the drop down list box. Let me know if this does not help.

When you select a database on the object explorer your database connection is switched to use that particular database and SQL Server thinks that someone is actively using the database and that produces the error.

-RT

former_member193399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Is this just ABAP system or dual stack i.e. ABAP+JAVA?

If it is just ABAP then you can just restore the database.

If it is dual stack i.e. ABAP+JAVA then it is trickly, since you need to perform homogeneous system copy and your source target is unavailable.

-RT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do u installed the sap again or not. if you taken full windows system backup at anypoint of them then restore the windows system with sap.

if not please install it from scratch as u previously done it (ie in the same name for database and the users)

then u can restore the database using sql enterprise manager or from sap it self using db13c tcode

please let me know how it helped to u

because the database username and passwords are created at the time of sap installation process install sap and or restore sap using full windows system backup of NT Backup or other backup.

N.Rameshkarthik

Rudi_Wiesmayr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just follow the system copy guides.

HTH, Rudi