cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Planning Month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I Have a Planning book with TB profile ID (Future) as weeeks and TB profile ID (History) as Months. I mean Past Time buckets as month and future as weeks. I just want to display last month as default when we start planning book. Now Current week is displayed as default. Any sggestion is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Somnath,

Negetive values are not allowed in offset field.

If the Time bucket profile is Month or weeks, then we are able to acheive last month or week as Default month. But Since our time bucket profiles are Both Monthly and Weekly( Past Time Bucket profile is Monthls, Future Weekly ) We are not able to acheive this.

Since Future time bucket is weekly, its showing weeks of last month.

I tried by creating Time Bucket profile with first bucket as month and remaining as Week. But still I am getting Weeks as Default.

Any Idea bout how to create this type Time bucket profile?.

I created time bucket profile like below. let me know is this correct.

Number Basic periodicity Periv2 Display periodicity Periv2

1 Y

1 Y M

1 M M

11 M W

W

Thanks!

Best regards,

Srini

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Srini

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oops! My DP skills have become quite rusty ....

Few years back it was possible .... I have to check the Release Notes.

Will check your query and get back by Friday.

Somnath

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivasa,

I have checked and agree with Ken. The start period can be today (or current period - week, month, quarter or year) or can be offset only in future.

You cannot open with past as current bucket / starting point of the grid.

However user can always scroll back in past and if the Data View is set for Input From then the past bucket can be edited. But it is not possible to have any past bucket available as starting point.

From a business standpoint this is because Demand Planning is always for current or future and not for past due.

In one project I had requirement that current month is open for editing for 1 week and after that no more editable. In that case we did offset of 1 month and made the required keyfigure editable (READY for INPUT) using macro which read of the working day of month from TODAY).

As regards your Time Bucket profile :

the first entry is not right. The first row is number of buckets to be displayed in all.

To do that you maintain the number of periods and Display Periodicity.

For example 3 - - Y -

1 Y - Y -

1 Y - M -

will mean the time profile will display 3 years of which 1 year in year and 1 Y in months. Since there is no definition for the reamining 1 year system will display 1 year in month and then remaining 2 years in years. Remember system always goes for smallest bucket first. So here months displayed first and then year.

Likewise your TB Profile has only 1 year to show and 11 months in weeks cover almost one year. The one month is not shown as it extends beyond 1 year.

If the first entry is 2 - - Y - instead of 1 - - Y - then one year shows after 11 months in weeks.

1 - - Y -

1 Y - M -

1 M - M -

11 M - W -

The best way to check what will be the Display buckets is in TR30 click on the period list button. Also click on the ? button to get the help on Time Bucket Profile.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

W

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kenneth,

Do you want the first time bucket shown on the screen to be last month?

Yes, I just want first time bucket shown on the screen to be last month.

If you any Suggestions please let me know.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Srinivasa

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lets try to explain this better...

Do you want planning start to begin last month

or

Do you want the first time bucket shown on the screen to be last month?

There is a difference. The planning start date affects where the initial column is displayed / which time buckets the macros run for / which time buckets are used for planning etc...

I was assuming you were only interested in seeing the last month's time bucket on the screen?

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello kenneth,

When you creating data view You can specify from when you want to start planning( planning start), From that bucket the planning book will be shown as default.

ex : I want to view last months value as soon as i goto planning book, then you can give last month asa planning start date. But i dont how they are rolling this field in our system. i will just check how are they rolling this field and come back to you.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Srinivasa

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You say when your TB is weeks or Months you are able to view past week/month? How? You probably mean "current" week/month.

I am not aware of any way to force the system to display a current time bucket on the screen. We asked SAP at one time since we had the same requirement. We wanted to show last month's time bucket which is "in the past" and considered part of the history.

It always shows the current time bucket.

I am wondering in there is any user exist out there to influence what the dp pb "thinks" is the current time bucket?

Ken Snyder

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the Time Bucket Profile ID (Future) is weeks the Offset value will be in weeks.

You may try putting in -4 in the Offset value for the Data View. Then it will show 4 weeks in past (at any time one month in the past) when you opn the Data View in Interactive Planning.

Somnath