cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change SAP user name and password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When a call is made to SAP using JCO interface, SAP username and client details are mandatory. I mentioned this according to our development land scape. But when this transaction is executed in some other land scape where the SAP system is entirely different, this credentials will fail.

Is there any way to determine the system number, client etc during runtime like the SAP provided transactions behave ?

Thanks,

Mike.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But would you not be configuring a new SAP Server (on the xMII Menu)with the correct user credentials when pointing to a new SAP R/3 (ECC) environment?

Only thing to remeber here is to keep the Name of the SAP server the same (when configuring) so that your transactions are not affected.As long as the name is the same the JCO Actions are capable of dynamically determining what landscape they are connecting to.

Or are you looking @ one xMII server hooking dynamically to different SAP environments?Practically, when would one run into such a scenario?It would help if you can give details why you want to go this path.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said we can configure the JCO connections in xMII.

My Scenario : we have two different development landscapes with two different SAP installations. So, when i move any transaction from one server to other, i am changing the JCO connection. I was looking how can i avoid this.

Now from your answer i feel that as long as the JCO connection name is same, irrespective of configurations, transactions should run.

I will try out this.

Thanks,

Mike.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All you need to do is to define the JCO connection in the SAP Server definition on the menu, not in each instance of the JCO action(s). That way, you can move "generic" transactions between the systems, and manage the parameters for the SAP JCO server via the Admin menu. A similar approach applies for using JRA.