cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just started with XI and am trying to make a simple exercise: a xml -> xml mapping with 2 file adapters (send and recieve) on the same system.

However its not working, I let somebody look at it and he said the design & configuration is correct and he guessed the message queue might be blocked or something, but doesnt know how to solve that.

In the Runtime Workbench -> Message Monitoring -> Messages from component Adapter Engine I get messages like this:

With Audit Log for Message:

Time Stamp Status Description

2005-10-12 16:28:15 Success Channel File_sender_02: Send binary file "c:\temp\DEH\instance.xml". Size 223 with QoS EO

2005-10-12 16:28:15 Success Application attempting to send an XI message asynchronously using connection AFW.

2005-10-12 16:28:15 Success Trying to put the message into the send queue.

2005-10-12 16:28:15 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2005-10-12 16:28:15 Success The application sent the message asynchronously using connection AFW. Returning to application.

2005-10-12 16:28:15 Success Confirmation mode test found. File will be resent next time

Any Ideas ?

If you need more info, please let me know.

Greetings,

Hannes

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your inbound /outbound queues might be full.

Go to SXM_ADM to view the status of queues.

regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you ment SXMB_ADM. i can choose manage queues there, then i can register, deregister and activate queues. can you give some information what these options mean ? or where can i information about this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Processing mode was indeed on Test, i changed it to Delete and indeed the file is deleted now, but i still have no (xml-file) output.

Maybe something is still wrong in my configuration, ive put a screenshot here : http://www.defloo.be/stuff/screenshot_xi_problem.JPG

Let me know if you see a problem, or if you need additional info.

If you know any good tutorials with simple exercises on XI please let me know, i was following an exercise from SAP but thats difficult because you need to have certain modules installed.

Also where can i find information about how to use the JDBC adapters ? Id like to play with that when this is solved..

tnx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes,

Sorry..wht i meant was SXMB_ADM.

You mite have to deregister the queues and then register them again.

Check whts the error in SXMB_MONI.And also chk in the adapter monitor in RWB whether the channels configured are running(green).

You can find info in these blogs:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

JDBC related:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/03/15/using-xslt-mapping-in-a-ccbpm-scenario

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/21/jdbc-stored-procedures

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/19/rdbms-system-integration-using-xi-30-jdbc-senderreceiver-adapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30

/people/alessandro.berta/blog/2005/10/04/save-time-with-generalized-jdbc-datatypes

regards

Priyanka

Message was edited by: Priyanka Balagangadharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have worked on similar scenario where I used XI to send data from one file to another(File-XI-File). And I think the problem is you have given different names to sender and receiver files. In the sender and receiver File adapters you mention the file name along with the path. Ensure that these two files are of same name it doesn't matter even if the path is different.I don't know the correct reason for that. Also you do not require any mapping.

Regarding JDBC Adapters you look at help.sap.com. The sender and Receiver configurations are very well described there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats a very strange thing with the names Narayana, but im writing now to a file with the same name, in case that would help.

I do need the mapping though as I change a bit in the xml structure ... have to do something with the integration engine right ?

I was able to send a test message from within the Runtime Workbench and a (mapped) output xml file was saved, so i guess that proves the configuration (or at least the receiving part) is correct right ?

I dont see where i have to check if the configured channels are running or not in the RWB, what tab is that ? component monitoring or so?

I also deregistered and then registered the queues.

But still the input file is red (and deleted), messages are sent (see my first post) but no file is saved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes,

Pls follow following steps to identify where is the error.

1. you Input file is deleted, sender communication channel is up and running.

2. Can you see the message in SXMB_MONI. If no, there is HTTP communication failure between Adapter engine and integration engine. Check in Runtime Workbench ->Message Monitoring->MDT. If there is some problem in Pipeline steps , you will get to know the exact problem in SXMB_MONI.

3. If there is chequered flag in SXMB_MONI, Message has been processed by integration engine.

4. Check your reciever communication channel is up and running in Runtime Workbench->ComponentMonitoring->Adapter Engine->AdapterMonitoring.

5. go to MDT and check what happened to your message in Adapter engine.

6. if there is no error you file should be written to your specified directory with your file name.

note : Pls ensure you have read write access in the particular directory.(Although it can be captured in MDT.)

I dont think there is any othere place you have to go to check your File to File scenario is working or not.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot, that was very helpful

2. In SXMB_MONI i dont see any xml messages when a file is red withy the File_Sender_Service (and deleted afterwards).

I do see 3 xml messages when i send a test message from the runtime workbench, however only the first one has a green flag (scheduled) the other 2 have a red dot (system error - restart not possible), a xml file is written though.

I guess that you ment with MDT all the last messages in message monitoring from component Integration Server, right ?

There i also see a message when a file is red with the File_Sender_Service, Engine: Adapter Engine, Status: to be delivered

4. seems to be ok:

File_sender_02 Sender Adapter v1829 for Party '', Service 'File_Sender_Service':

Configured at 09:27:13 2005-10-13

Up and running: Last message processing started 10:47:13 2005-10-14

last poll interval started 11:00:13 2005-10-14

length 60,000 secs

File_receiver_02 Receiver Adapter v1731 for Party '', Service 'File_Receiver_Service':

Configured at 13:45:06 2005-10-13

Up and running: Last messaging processing started 10:54:17 2005-10-14

Can my problem still be somewhere in the receiver determination or agreement ? You can see on my screenshot a bit of my configuration (http://www.defloo.be/stuff/screenshot_xi_problem.JPG) bestelling_in is the inbound interface, order_out is the outbound interface. In the receiver determination i also configured the mapping with the Order_out_Bestellin_in. I really dont think there is something wrong there, some1 of my company also checked this and said it was ok.

Comparing to this image https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/37118/Sender_Log.jpg (found on a weblog) I only get the 5 first steps .. so the message is not retrieved from the queue in my application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hannes,

Check your queues, may be the messages are struck in queue (check transactions SMQ1 & SMQ2).

regards

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

->2. In SXMB_MONI i dont see any xml messages when a file is red withy the File_Sender_Service (and deleted afterwards).

If you dont see any message in SXMB_MONI when file is deleted from your source directory, means there is some problem with Adapter engine and Integration Engine Http communication.

Go to MDT in RWB->MessageMonitoring->AdapterEngine.

You must see your message there as adapter has already picked up the file.

-> There i also see a message when a file is red with the File_Sender_Service, Engine: Adapter Engine, Status: to be delivered

Didn't understand what do you mean by File is red. Is it File adapter is red in Adapter monitoring or something else. If your file adapter is red means you cannot pick up/delete the file.

i assume that your message is in (to be delivered) stage. What happens after that, cause Adapter engine keep on retrying the message till it get success or Error.(based on how you have configured.)

->Can my problem still be somewhere in the receiver determination or agreement ?

when message is not reached to Integration server (SXMB_MONI), Reciever detrmination/Agreement doesnot matter.

Pls see do you have proper autorisation of writing/reading/deleting file.

Regards,

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

>Check your queues, may be the messages are struck in queue (check transactions SMQ1 & SMQ2).

They both seem to be empty, hope im doing this right though, i just left the "client" setting on the default 800.

>Go to MDT in RWB->MessageMonitoring->AdapterEngine.

>You must see your message there as adapter has already picked up the file.

Indeed, i can see messages over there and they are marked with status To Be Delivered.

>Didn't understand what do you mean by File is red. Is it File adapter is red in Adapter monitoring or something else.

>If your file adapter is red means you cannot pick up/delete the file.

I ment the file was red, deleted and processed by the adapter, and i could see the message generated in RWB->MessageMonitoring->AdapterEngine.

>Pls see do you have proper autorisation of writing/reading/deleting file

I can ask my collegue to check this, but:

• the reading access is ok, because the file is in fact red, i can see the contents in RWB->MessageMonitoring->AdapterEngine->select message->details->Message content->payload

• deleting rights should be ok, because the file is in fact deleted.

• writing rights are ok too because when i send a test message from within the Runtime Workbench, a file is correctely created.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Ive found the solution to the problem:

In System Landscape Directory, Business Landscape, Pipeline URL was 51500 while it had to be 8015, after a restart of the FXI system the xml-files went smoothly through the pipeline

Greetings,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As Mr.Hannes said you might have set the Processing mode in the file adapter as 'test'. change it to 'delete' or 'set to read only' so that when ever your file is processed after the specified poll interval the necessary action takes place and your file will be transferred.

And one more thing is you need not do the mapping if your destination file is to be in xml format.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes

I think you must have set the Processing Mode to 'test' in your Sender File adapter. If you set it to that mode files are not processed. This mode should only be used to test the configurations of file/FTP adapters. Change it 'Archive' or 'Delete'

cheers

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer,

what you write is just wrong. The processing mode test does not archive or delete the file, but will leave it in place for processing during the next polling interval.

Regards,

Thilo