cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Loader

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can't get the Image Loader to work in 12.0.2 (88), I am trying to put an image in a PDF document.

As a trial I have Image Loader loading a file called source.gif file using 11.5, I can then use image saver to write the file to temp.gif, which works fine.

If I try the same in 12, the temp.gif file is created, but can't be opened.

If I put the filename in the Loader (eg apps\sap.com\xappsxmiiear\servlet_jsp\XMII\root\CM\source.gif) the "EncodedImage" property shows a short string of garbage, and temp.gif is only 6 bytes. There is no error message given.

If I use the url (eg http://server:url/XMII/CM/temp.gif), the "EncodedImage" string is a lot longer, and the temp.gif file is twice the size as source.gif. Again there is no error message given.

Hope this all makes sense, and someone can help...

Thanks

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Nick,

Any reason you are loading the image directly from the NW file path? Should load the image into the CM database via the Import on the workbench and use:

web://<project>/<path>/imagename.jpg

OR

db://<project>/<path>/imagename.jpg

in the Load Image action block.

As far as accessing this image dynamically, without the import, I was able to replicate the issue so please enter it into CSS. Thanks.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam

The reason I was doing it that way is because that's how it worked in 11.5, and the help screens in 12 don't give any indication that it's any different.

Anyway, that's my problem solved.

Thanks

Nick

PS I don't have access to CSS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like it is working OK in the URL case, which probably means that you have a permissions issue at the OS level (the account that SAP Web Application Server and xMII are running does not have read and/or write permissions for that file/directory).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick

Surely if it was a file privilege issue it would throw an error, or produce nothing, rather than creating some indecipherable file?

The users who have "Full control" privilege over the folder in question are

Administrators

SAP_LocalAdmin

SAP_SMD_LocalAdmin

SYSTEM

Thanks

Nick