SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document type in FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

What should I consider to create a new document type in FICA, besides the assignment of a specific number range and the permission of manual postings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Nothing else really. You should define if document type is crosscompany and the number of days needed before archiving.

Other configuration relates different events to the created document types.

Regards,

Daniel Valenzuela

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

Nothing else really. You should define if document type is crosscompany and the number of days needed before archiving.

Other configuration relates different events to the created document types.

Regards,

Daniel Valenzuela

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what about the advantages or disadvantages of creating to many document types? Is it usable information for the Account statement?

0 Kudos

Normally it is used to group several concepts so you can easily identify them, for example, in open items analysis or in account maintenance.

For example, by customizing you already have to define a class for interests, another for billing, another for dunning charges, etc.

I haven't heard of problems with many document types, but its certainly more complicated to mantain if the number is too high.

Regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not too sure what you are looking for. It is true that too many doc types invites too many no ranges...But if the project is complex, I would suggest different doc types where ever needed..coz from control point of view it is very helpful.

Say for ex, Direct Debit Payment can be identified by document type 'DD' <you'd attach this to payment method>...

Also doc types is more useful in customized reports too

Also post go live, it is easy to extract data from data base tables based on doc types.

but the disadv are

1. Too many no ranges

2. List would increase during cut over activities and also during dress rehersal

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra