Thanks & Regards,

vasavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vasavi

Visul Composer is mostly used by BA people. In visual composer you dont need to write any code, but its not possible to develop all application using visual composer, only some basic applications like connecting to backend and displaying data. WebDynpro you can write a custom code and its MVC based approach. Depending on scenario you can decide what you want.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Visual Composer is a modeling tool that enables code-free composition of UI elements

Web Dynpro is the SAP standard UI technology for developing Web applications in the ABAP/Java environment.

As both of them do different things altogether, they have difference in their versions.

Hope its clear.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

>As both of them do different things altogether, they have difference in their versions.

My assumption is WebDynpro can does everything that VC can do in a better fashion but not vice versa. If an application can be built with VC better to go with VC as cost of buiding & maintaing is less when compared to WebDynpro. Please clarifiy me if I am wrong.

My question now is can we built a full blown web application using VC.

Thanks!

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both tools were created as UI-Tools, VC as generating tool for UIs and WD as metadata-driven UI tool (which also generates the UI-code).

WD was to be supposed to be the new SAP UI for the ABAP and Java-world and be a successor of ABAP Dynpro and HTML-B.

As it turns out, UI alone without access to the BAPIs, WebServices etc. is not enough, so both were enhanced far beyond their original intentions.

VC is now a browser based tool (thin IDE) that allows you to build applications, without ever touching coding.

WD is a tool included in the NetWeaver DevStudio (based on Eclipse) and therefor more of a "fat IDE".

For quick applications without writing code (e.g. done by business experts), VC is a good tool.

For applications that need to be pimped, i.e. code added to the generated code, WD is a good tool.