cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I want to know something abt templates in the smartform.

I have some questions.

1) can we use table inside template in smartform?

2) can template continue on next page? e.g. if i have line items 15. out of 15, 10 line items are fitted in first page. i want next 5 line items to be printed on second page. space under the 5 line items will be blank. & then total/summary will be printed at the end of template.& summary will be only after the main window is completed.

I want to know all above things only for the purpose is,

instead of using table , i want to fix the main window size for line items on any page. After the line items get finished, there should not be blank space between line items & summary. it should be filled with template lines.

do anyone have any idea. please reply.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marius_greeff
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi JK

Templates are fixed in size and shape and one template can not be split over two pages.

You can use a table in your mane window and after your table looped thru all your items you can add a template to print totals.

Because the template cannot be split you may find that the totals will print on the next page if there is no space to print.

I used templates mainly for info sections on a page where I don't want the layout to change acording to data. Also sometimes I would create another window over my main window with a template to print the seperation lines between columns.

To remeber, templates are fixed sized, can be used in a loop, you can have many in one loop or window, possition can be set to print at the same place every time.

regards,

Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i think you r close to the answer. but i want the second page to be filled with half by line items & half by blank columns.

And only at the end , the summary should be printed.

And if we will use template in the loop, then the template will print only till line items are there. so it is again same as using tables only.

i want fixed space for main window(but it should use as many as pages it requires to print line items) & after that printing summary always at the bottom of last page. The blank space between last line item & summary should filled with blank vertical lines (columns).

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i tried inserting a table inside a template

but it is not working

and we can put a template inside a loop

at the end of the loop put your totals

then no blank space willbe there

but put this in main window

templates will be continued in teh next pages

provided they are in the main window