cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Visio Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created some MDM WF . When I am open the visio template for the WF , I can not see the Step propoerties pane below the template.

Has anyone faced the similar issue /

Regards

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogesh,

First of all check your version compatibilty of visio and MDM DM. It should be 2000 or above.

Go to Visio>tools>options-->advanced >file paths>

Add-ons and Start up set these parametes to C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Workflow\VSL or accordind to your workflow.exe installation.

Hope it will help you.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have already set this path . I am using Visio 2003.

I am not able to see the toolbar itself when I open WF template.

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

It seems you have compatibiliy problem with components.

Please check these.

1. Is workflow.exe is installed?

2. Then check version compatibilty with of DM and Visio component and workflow.exe means DM and Workflow.exe must be of same build..

Rewards if found helpful.

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Feb 4, 2008 2:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

In addition to Alok, have you installed the workflow setup like console, data manager,import manager syndicator etc?

If not then just installed the MDM workflow client also then try it.

Hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys ,

Thanks for the replies. I got a bit complex scene on my desktop. I have 3 different versions of MDM installed on my machine SP05 patch 1 & 2 , & Sp06. I have already taken care of putting the VSL folder path in MS visio. But the issue is , when I open the WF from any lower MDM version , it does not open the template since the VSL path is defaulted to the folder from higher version.

When you open the visio as a standalone application , you have a facility to put more than one path for VSL folder . But you open the visio template it is always the higher version which is defaulted .

I tested following way. I could open the WF from SP06 properly. Then I uninstalled SP06 then I could see the WF in SP05 patch 2. Then I checked uninstalling SP05 patch2 I could see the WF in patch 01.

Please confirm if you are also working in similar kind of environment.

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

You need to "enable macros" for it.Then it will show you the properties pane.

Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply but where can I find this option.

Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Just check for the access right for the MS visio, where you have the proper rights to use on your system otherwise ask from your admin basis guys.

TNR,

Saurabh...