cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Locking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to implement record locking in WD for java. I have all my applications deployed in portal. All the iViews and pages are created in the EP and not in NetWeaver.

Now the scenario is that if a user is accessing a page in portal and editting some of the information. Then another user having access to the same page should not be able to edit the information on that page. Basically it should be read only.

Is it possible, if yes then how to implement the same.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Edited by: Manoj Kumar on Feb 4, 2008 5:41 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to put the exclusive lock at the table level, so that others cant edit this.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But i dont have only tables in the view. There are other UI element as well in the free form.

Anyhow to put these exclusive locks. Could you please elaborate more.

Well i have searched a lot before posting this question in the forum. Is LogicalLocking API is the required thing to implement this scenario.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

In other words its a kind of application locking. Is it possible.

Hoping to get atleast some solution or replies.

Edited by: Manoj Kumar on Feb 5, 2008 12:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was expecting atleast some replies.

Gurus please do reply if it is possible or not. May be its possible that nobody has tried this scenario before, in that case it is fine.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Well i got a hint from Ayapparaj about my problem. But i am not sure how to put it into solution. Could you please throw some light on it.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Answers (0)