Bill to party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to what is the role of Bill to part.As we know that,we

create sales order to sold to party

Delivery to ship to party

Billing to Payer

So which document we create for Bill to party.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiwari,

A bill to party is whom we raise an invoice in all cases it is not the bill to party but the payer who pays for the invoice..

1) My customer to whom I sell the goods is based in chennai he is the sold to party

2) The person to whom I ship the goods is based in Cochin he is my ship to party

3) I raise an invoice on my bill to party who is based in Delhi bill to party is the one whom i raise the invoice on

4) Payer is the person who pays for my invoice he may be based in Madhya Pradesh..

This is an example where all four are different it can also be the case that all four may be the same or any 2 or 3 may be the same..

Reward Points if this helps

Regards

Atul Keshav

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prabudh

Not in all the cases the Payer and Bill to Party are same. In some cases, your sold to party will be having different address and you need to maintain those customers.

In fact in such cases, the customer will insist to show both the Payer and Bill to Party in invoice. In short, Payer is the one who effect payment on behalf of sold to party. Bill to Party is the one who receives the billing document and authorises Payer to effect Payment.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Still I have little confusion,we create billing document to the payer,then where we mention that bill to party will receive the billing document.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tiwari,

The Partner function Bill to party is nothing but the entity where the bill physically has to be going. This is because, in some business practices, Order is given by X(SP)- delivery to be made to Y(SH), Bill to be submitted to Z (BP) and the payment will be made by A(PY) \.

Ex. If a person who has taken loan from some bank, here the payment will be done by the bank on the invoice which the person submits to the bank.

Hope this gives clarity

reward points if helpful

regards

VK