cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are sending our PO's to our Vendors using the HTTP Adapter (on the Receiver Side). This is an Asynchronous Call.

When the server is down at the Receiver or Vendor end, then we are getting HTTP 400 error code and when I reprocessed that after some time it went thru fine, because the Receiver server was UP.

MY question here is, if there is any Mechanism to RETRY for so many number times, or so many hours etc. Currently we are not using BPM.

Thanks for your support

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen

The following note will be of help to you,

cheers

Sameer

PS: We can set the Integration Server to automatically retry and deliver any messages failed due to a communication issue.

SXMB_ADM --> Integration Engine Configuration --> Specific Configuration

IS_RETRY_LIMIT = 25

This will force the Integration Engine to try 25 times with an interval of 2 minutes. The retry minutes are not changeable.

Message was edited by: Sameer Shadab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sameer, that solved my problem.

Karen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sameer, one another quick question, I went into the path

SXMB_ADM --> Integration Engine Configuration --> Specific Configuration but I dont see the IS_Retry_LIMIT parameter.

Thanks Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karen,

Go to SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration -> Specific Configuration. Choose 'New Entries' , select 'Category' as TUNING and on 'Parameters' F4 help you will find IS_RETRY_LIMIT.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karen

Just follow the instructions by Anand.

cheers

sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will this setting take effect if the target application is down ? My understanding is that , this should be a setting in the Adapter and not in the Integration Engine, cos IE never talks to end systems.

Thanks

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, you made my day.

Currently I have Category = Tuning , Parameters = IS_RETRY_LIMIT and Current Value = 25.

So I belive the Current Value , in this case 25, will make the IS to retry 25 times, if the Receiver URL is down, correct? Also whether it is possible to set the Time interval, before we poll for the next attempt?

Answers (0)