cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check printing: 2nd page printing in other printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While printing cheques,i want to print 1st page on default printer and 2nd page onwards on different printer.

I am having 2 printers,for which device type is same.I am printing 1st page(i.e,CHEQUE) on default printer.My requirement is to print 2nd page onwards on 2nd printer.

Can you please tell me which print parameter i have to set for this purpose?

Thanks

Seshagiri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your concern and useful inputs.

I have resolved my my issue ,by assigning printer name in driver program,by assigning 2nd printer name,just before printing the 2nd page onwards.

itcpo-rqposname = '
iatcogensrv07\SAP-PRT01'.

(Note:Output device is same for both printers).

Thanks & Regards

Seshagiri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have only one page created in the script and giving number copies for print or you have number of pages created in your script.

Regards,

Nageswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having number of pages in my script,like,1st page lower half portion is having pre-printed cheque.2nd page onwards line items,without cheque.

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then in each page you will have print attributes there you can give your printer name.

Reward points if sueful.

Regards,

Nageswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry , there you can give only source names like tray 1 or tary 2 like that. So you cant select more than one printer for a script.

so what you need to do is, send different pages to different trays.

This would resolve your issue.

Regards,

Nageswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

My printer details are as follows:

1st printer .itcpo-tddest = 'ZARA'.

2nd printer.itcpo-tddest = 'ZARA'.

My problem is that for both printers, device type is same i.e,'ZARA',but location of printers are different.

So which parameter i have to consider for printing at different locations?

Thanks

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the se71

go to each page I mean click on pages and double click on a page and in the below you will find printer attributes

there give tray1 , tray2 like that .

Before that just Confirm which tray to be used for each page and give the corresponding tary number in each page.

Dont forget to reward points.

Regards,

Nageswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sure i will alott points.

But even different trays,like tray1,yray2 are under one device type which is at one location only.But i am worried how the output goes to different locations.

Thanks

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are different locations. You dont need to worry about locations I think . As they said printer name and trays , you need to set those tarys for different pages thats it.

Regards,

Nageswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our problem is like,we are having dot matrix printer for 1st page,it has only one tray...so here i can not specify TRAY2 for 2nd page.

Since i want to print the cheque in both arabic and english(some portion in english and balance in arabic),i am using above dot matrix printer,which has only one 'Tray' and the device type is 'ZARSWIN'(short name 'ZARA'.) which is also having only 'one Tray' in SPAD.

But,from 2nd page onwards i want to print on another printer,which is HP LasetJet printer.

Please give some more inputs.

Thanks

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the case then you need to have two layouts .

Because You don t have option to select two printers at a time .

Regards,

Nageswar