cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORA-12560: TNS: protocoll Adapter error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I tried to update Oralce 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.4. The Installation of the new Software worked without Problems. But when I start the "Database Upgrade Assistant" I got following Error MEssage: <b>ORA-12560: TNS:protocoll Adapter error</b>.

Perhaps somebody can give me a hint? (8.1.7 with all Services is running)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander

Well it would be better if you upgrade manually instead of using 'Database Upgrade Assistant' as there are frequent issues with upgrade assistant.

You can get manual upgrade documents from Oracle Metalink, Read Document Note 159657.1: Complete Upgrade Checklist for manual upgrades from 8.X/9.0.1 to Oracle 9i.

cheers

Sameer

PS: Before going to manual upgrade check which ORACLE_HOME is set. There is a possibility that it may be looking at the wrong tnsnames.ora file entry depending on if ORACLE_HOME is 8.x or 9.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

I thought there shouldn't be an ORACLE_HOME set during the update process. Could it be that the Problem is, that Oracle_Home should be set for update?

I want to prevent the manual upgrade because my knowledge is not that good on oracle (hope it will be better soon but I started working with SAP and Oracle six weeks ago and had no experiences with that stuff before...)

kr

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just resolved the Problem myself.

It seems the TNSNames.ora was wrong. I copied the file from a server I updated last week and changed the Hostname in the file.

After that the DBUA worked without Problems!

Alexander

Answers (0)