Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About SAPCAR

saif1614
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys ,

Iam working on SAP 4.6C, Oracle 9.2.0.5, Windows 2003 server.

I want to do a Kernel Upgrade to my system as it hasnt been done since long time. Our SAP Kernel Release 46D with Support Package Level 1674.

But i heard that before performing the Kernel Upgrade i need to have the latest SAPCAR.exe. I have searched the Marketplace and found this version SAPCAR_4-20000900.exe.

When i checked my SAPCAR version it is showing SAPCAR 2.0. I Have checked the version through SAPCAR -V in RUN command.

So if am correct till now then please anyone let me know how to update my SAPCAR version first please let me list the details steps to do this.

Waiting for replies from alllll

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

saif1614
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Vamshi ...

Thanks For your reply...

As u know i have mentioned all my system details so this is what i downloaded the latest sapcar.exe - SAPCAR_4-20000900. I hope this is rightone , can u plzz let me know.

I have checked my sapcar version it is showing sapcar2.0. So the latest one which i downloaded is it the right one?

Waiting for your reply....

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Yeah i think you are right, but before doing it back up the exe directory first.It will help you when you face any problem in the future.If you operating system is 32 bit on intel then its is right.

Reward points if helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed Saifuddin,

Yeah you can first take a back up of your past sapcar.exe file and then u can

paste your new car file.Then try uncaring some sar file or .car files if that work fine then its okay.

Also select the car file in the service market place specific to your sap version and also your database.

Rewaard points if helpfull.

Regards,

Vamshi.