cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing production order in PDF format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm having the following business requirement. Currently, the finished goods spec is captured in the Document Management System so that the product picture and spec details can be retrieved easily for technical reference. I'm just wondering whether the following can be achieved:

After production order has been released, we would like to print out the production order in Adobe interactive form format along with the PDF spec saved in the DMS system. Is it possible that I can build the program logic into print program for the production order interactive form so that the material number specified in production order will be used to check and retrieve the PDF file from the DMS system, then merge this file into the production order PDF for printing?

Please advise.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi steven,

Yes it's possible but it means a lot of works and knowledge because production order forms are the oldest one in SAP and they still use Logical Database .

Keep in mind that a shop flor order is composed by several forms so perhaps you'll need to modify several forms to achieve your requirement ( for information i had a requirement to merge 4 forms and it takes 30 days to do it .... )

Another points, retrieving document from DMS is not really complicated but merging it with your production order document is a huge works .

Best regards and good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

wow..looks like a lot of coding but yes, this is possible