cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error while raising sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a make-to-order material with item category group and general item cetegory group 0001.

While raising sales order for that material (make-to-order) item category TAK.

I got a error stating that plant is not assigned to controlling area.

can anyone help me out in this regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you need to assign your company code to the controlling area.

while processing a make to order scenario the sales order is treated as a cost object. so for the settlements to take place, the relevant costs need to be transferred for profitability analysis in COPA. This requires a controlling area against your company code.

regards

sadhu kishore

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

1.Please check the assignment settings of your plant in the IMG --> Enterpri sructure.

2. Check the assignment company code to controlling area.

3. Go to OKKP transaction there you maintain the activation detailes of the controlling area.

4.And also check the avialabilty check cofiguration steps with respect to make to order.

I hope it will help you

Thanks,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Murali.

I have maintained all the settings as you have stated. But When i am raising the sales order i am getting a error that

receier categ. is not allowed by settlement prof. SD1 for this sender.

Now what shall i do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pavan,

pl check this on settlement rule :

The settlement rule consists of the sender and the settlement distribution rule which includes the settlement receiving accounts, distribution factor, settlement type, and validity period. You can change the settlement rule manually.

There are two possibilities for settling sales orders. You can either:

Settle to a business segment

In this case, the settlement rule is determined automatically. You can only use this method of settlement if CO-PA is activated.

Settle to a general ledger account

In this case, you enter the settlement rule and the general ledger account number manually in the sales order.

To change the settlement rule, choose Edit ® Settlement rule.

For more detailed information about settlements and especially about processing settlement rules, see the CO Cost Object Controlling documentation.

Please consult your FI guy so that he can help you configure a settlement profile.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think the controlling are is assigned to compay code not to the plant

menu path

SPRO>IMG> ENT STRUCTURE>ASSIGNMENT>CONTROLLING-->ASSIGN COMP CODE TO CONTROLLING AREA

hope this helps u

regards,

Arun prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message says that your plant is not assigned to the Controlling Area.

In SPRO transaction, please go to ENTERPISE STRUCTURE -> ASSIGNMENT and assign the plant to the Controlling area.

Muraleedharan.R